Author Topic: Funny Coworker Stories  (Read 12913 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #45 on: April 29, 2021, 09:00:30 AM » Author: Bulbman256
I'm just wondering... :wndr:  If she annoyed you for a second time, would that earn her a relamping.??  :mrg:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #46 on: May 30, 2021, 09:24:50 AM » Author: CEB1993
I'm just wondering... :wndr:  If she annoyed you for a second time, would that earn her a relamping.??  :mrg:

Relamping as in replacement (i.e. she got fired.) The new guy they “relamped” Amber with was just as crazy  :lol:

The new guy, let’s just call him “Kevin” was really annoying. Amber was a hard worker and cared about her job, but Kevin was really lazy and in some ways he made my job more difficult.

Some of Kevin’s crazy coworker moments:

Belched out loud in the office and in the break room.
Watched Netflix on his laptop and pretend like he couldn’t hear me talking to him.
Hid in the bathroom stall to watch Netflix on his phone and avoid having to do his work.
Came into work hung over and turned around and left for the day 30 min. later.
Blew up a can of Dr. Pepper in the break room freezer (one of many nasty messes he made)
Sneak into lunch meetings to steal catered food
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 09:32:47 AM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Filament LEDs. Both a blessing and a curse.

Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #47 on: July 12, 2024, 12:39:08 AM » Author: Maxim
Revive. This. Thread. Please!!!   :bulbman:

The Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease, it's here. All ye, proceed with caution.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #48 on: July 12, 2024, 12:48:48 AM » Author: Medved
So post some of yours... :-D

No more selfballasted c***

Lcubed3

View Posts
View Gallery

MAXIMUM LUMENS!!!

Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #49 on: July 15, 2024, 08:31:33 PM » Author: Lcubed3
@suzukir122
Where do you work?

Portland General Electric: 120/240VAC @ 60Hz
Bringer of Light

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #50 on: July 16, 2024, 09:58:30 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Lcubed3, hey man, with all due respect, I don't want to disclose that information... at least not in too much detail. However, I will say
this... it's a factory that makes food cartons for various popular restaurants. I've been there for over 8 years now.
Everyone there knows me, and I'm one of their best workers.
A recent funny but also disgusting event took place at my job... just a couple days ago. I was packaging product from the machine... and with this
particular machine for some odd reason, entrance to the sewer is literally right next to it. The entrance is behind a small platform door on the ground.
That door is normally closed, 24/7. Unfortunately the sewer got clogged, so the technicians had to open that door to work on unclogging it... yeah.
I got ALL the WHIFF... for 12 hours in a row. :sick: Very unpleasant experience. Even when they closed that door hours later, the smell was still
very strong throughout the factory.
About 3 hours in, while they were working on unclogging the sewer, one of the technicians stood up, looked at me and said, "Hey Suzukir122,
smell my finger... smell my finger!"  :'( :sick: I just shook my head and looked away in disgust. haha
What's more unfortunate... the smell somehow lingered in my nose many hours AFTER work as well.  @-@...  :DeAtH:

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #51 on: July 16, 2024, 05:54:53 PM » Author: suzukir122
I just remembered another recent story. Okay, so as some of you know, I own a custom sport car. I drive it to work most times, but not all the time.
My coworkers love it, but there's one coworker that shows me no mercy. Jasmine.
I pulled into the work parking lot with my car as two of my coworkers got out of their SUV... Kenny, and his wife, Jasmine.
They parked their SUV behind the entrance gate. Before I could pass the gate, I heard Kenny say to Jasmine, "You better wait till he passes or he'll run
you over!" "Boy please," Jasmine said, before quickly walking in front of my car... before I could pass. :lol: I slowed down as she continued walking, and
drove slow to her walking speed. The smoking section shed is to my right about 20 feet away. I could see my other coworkers in that shed, laughing.
I pulled in the clutch and revved as she continued walking slowly to the shed. Despite my car being loud, she wasn't phased. She mumbled something just
before entering the shed. Everyone else in the shed looked at me... most of them were smiling. lol
This was all in fun though... all of it. She's a great worker, and she and her husband are both awesome people. I've actually gotten even closer to them
now, since unfortunately Kenny had a heart attack. He survived it, and ever since then, I've found myself joking around with them a lot more often.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Filament LEDs. Both a blessing and a curse.

Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #52 on: July 16, 2024, 11:28:03 PM » Author: Maxim
I don't really have any coworkers of my own where I work, as I lifeguard, but I do have some funny stories to tell to you all nonetheless.

I'll start with one for this evening. So. You all know how there's always that one individual who has to stick their nose into everybody's business? Who tells people how to do there job with a condescending sneer? Well meet Kathryn and her three wild sons. She came onto the pool deck one time, early in the day, with her three kids. They came in with a good three bags of toys (water guns, water balloons, sinking toys, etc., etc.) and four floaties. Immediately it was not a good look; these fellows were coming out of a very spent-looking, beat up, and dingy '12 Chrysler Pacifica. For context typically my managing company typically relays the message to guards to prohibit the use of floaties. I usually don't, but there are times where the authority comes in handy as people love to abuse their privileges.

So this family comes in, sets down their stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary. Then the lady comes up to me and asks me why there're leaves in the skimmer (the suction fittings on pool walls). I tell her that I had just opened pool and that she was the second family on deck and that I'd get to it as soon as I put up the deck umbrellas and skimmed the pool surface. Well, lo and behold, two minutes later she comes over to me and tells me to lower the pool temperature. I think to myself, what??? Lower the pool... temperature??? How? Then her youngest kid starts crying, I tell her that I'm unable to do that, and then she returns to her seat. Then her eldest son (about 13 years old) starts soaking everything and everyone around him, including his mom, the other patron, and me, complaining about something or other that I can't even remember. Then her other kid did a damned backflip off of the "deep" end (5ft), which then led me to blow my whistle and calmly but very angrily tell the lady and her kids to leave. She then tells me that, "I'm not doing my job" and that she'll "call my manager and tell him I'm being lazy and not accommodating" for her and her kids. I tell her that their behavior as a whole is entirely unacceptable and that she's banned from the pool for 1 day. She then proceeds to tell me that I'm "picking on her kids" and not allowing them to "splash around and have fun in a pool."

Anyways, that's my work story of the day. I certainly have more, but that's the only one for now.  :mrg:

The Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease, it's here. All ye, proceed with caution.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #53 on: July 17, 2024, 01:05:53 AM » Author: suzukir122
Heh... I do NOT want to meet Kathryn. Nope. lol
First major red flag: the moment she started complaining about something as miniscule as leaves in the skimmer.  :lol:

Interests:

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #54 on: July 17, 2024, 04:24:21 AM » Author: Medved
A, a stereotypical Karen. Fun to read about their antics, but everything but fun to meet in person...
Glad my job does not include handling such individuals...

No more selfballasted c***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #55 on: August 05, 2024, 03:39:16 AM » Author: suzukir122
Another funny coworker story... I was sitting at one of the tables outside of the lunchroom while playing the video game/app Shadow Fight 3 on my phone waiting for my boss to post the diagram that shows which machine each of us are to go to for the night. While I was on my phone, I heard Jasmine yell word for word: "That's why he can't find no girlfriend!" I didn't think much of it, and continued on my phone. She yells louder: "I said THAT'S WHY HE CAN'T FIND NO GIRLFRIEND!" I looked up and there she was, sitting across from me, staring at me with her arms cross. "Uh oh, here's trouble," I thought to myself.
(Of course.) "He can't find no girlfriend cause he always playing them *dang* video games!" The surrounding coworkers laughed, and Kenny, her husband, walked over to the table. "All he gotta do is get on his bike and go somewhere, then the girls will find him, but he be sitting at home all the time so he ain't gonna find nobody," he said. "I know that's right!" Jasmine responded.  :'-)
I laughed and continued playing my game. This was all in fun but obviously none of that is true. If motorcycles attracted women, I would've been taken several years ago. Same with sportcars. I do agree that I should go out more though. That is true.
I also find it funny that my coworkers are so surprised at me being single.

Interests:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #56 on: August 18, 2024, 07:19:07 PM » Author: suzukir122
Here's another funny story, this one being the most recent. I've had problems with my Achilles tendons even since I was a kid. (Very severe pain.)
The problem has continued throughout my life, and anytime that pain begins, I'm forced to walk with a limp. It becomes involuntary... no matter how
hard I try to straighten out my walk, I can't, due to the severe pain in the Achilles tendon, and tendon strength no longer being there.
Break time was over and it was time for me to go back to my machine. My right Achilles tendon was in very severe pain, so I walked very slowly to
my machine, which was on the other side of the factory. One of the older machine operators, Tim, noticed me as I was passing his machine. Tim is in
his mid 70's, but still very full of energy. He yelled something to me so I looked at him. He then pretended as if he were using a walker, walking
slowly, before pointing at me, and slapping his leg while laughing. :lol:  :'-) Of course I thought to myself... "Geez... even Tim is making fun of me now."
Other coworkers were making fun of my involuntary "I'm getting old" walk as well.
Next day, my left Achilles tendon decided it wanted to join in on the fun... so I called off that night. Obviously I can't walk with both tendons in very severe pain.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies