Author Topic: does anyone make High pressure sodium fixtures anymore?  (Read 1946 times)
Coolc1234

View Posts
View Gallery

Street_lights_usa
does anyone make High pressure sodium fixtures anymore? « on: September 07, 2020, 11:32:55 AM » Author: Coolc1234
I've notice general electric has discontinued all of the models they have in (HPS) like the GE M400A, and the GE M250A ,ETC.American electric lighting (Acuity Brands) has maybe discontinued there HPS fixtures aswell, I'm not to sure about Eaton Cooper lighting, but is this the end of High Pressure Sodium? does this mean that there forcing us to go [LED], I mean I'm a big [LED] Fan but don't you think this is going a little over board cause I know there still contractors and citys who would still like HPS cause a few new neighborhood developments are still using the HPS for there new street lighting in there developments in Phoenix.

Led street lights are the new aliens!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: does anyone make High pressure sodium fixtures anymore? « Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 12:25:02 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 GE is (for now) still making the M-400A powr/door , AEL still lists the 115, 315, 125 , 325 , model 11 NEMA, some floods and various post tops , Cooper still lists the OVX , OVZ , OVH , OVY . OVF , RMA/RMC NEMA , Vangard , HMX Highmast   These all still show as available as of May 2020 .   How many are actually still avail. fir purchase and for how long is anyone's guess .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Coolc1234

View Posts
View Gallery

Street_lights_usa
Re: does anyone make High pressure sodium fixtures anymore? « Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 12:29:08 PM » Author: Coolc1234
well I look on current electric and now they (ONLY) Make LED fixture for roadway but there is quite alot for purchase on ebay.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: does anyone make High pressure sodium fixtures anymore? « Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 12:34:33 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Someone else posted this the other day   : https://products.gecurrent.com/outdoor-lighting/street-roadway/m-400a-powr-door-roadway-luminaire

Coolc1234

View Posts
View Gallery

Street_lights_usa
Re: does anyone make High pressure sodium fixtures anymore? « Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 12:50:52 PM » Author: Coolc1234
oh my bad I was looking at the wrong fixture but see I actually looked on there site and on roadway all they had was the GE ERLC,ELR1,ERLH,And ERL2 and that was it.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: does anyone make High pressure sodium fixtures anymore? « Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 04:07:50 PM » Author: Cole D.
GE is (for now) still making the M-400A powr/door , AEL still lists the 115, 315, 125 , 325 , model 11 NEMA, some floods and various post tops , Cooper still lists the OVX , OVZ , OVH , OVY . OVF , RMA/RMC NEMA , Vangard , HMX Highmast   These all still show as available as of May 2020 .   How many are actually still avail. fir purchase and for how long is anyone's guess .

I guess that AEL still makes the 165 ballast in arm still, like Cooper makes the Vanguard.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: does anyone make High pressure sodium fixtures anymore? « Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 11:18:25 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I guess that AEL still makes the 165 ballast in arm still, like Cooper makes the Vanguard.

Missed that one!  :-[

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies