Author Topic: Black Friday!  (Read 4657 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Black Friday! « on: November 26, 2019, 04:35:06 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Get your discounts on new and slightly older lighting this Friday! This gives you the opportunity to get discount lighting for your collection!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Black Friday! « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 09:38:19 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Where at?
I was thinking amazon.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Black Friday! « Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 12:38:13 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: CreeRSW207
I was thinking amazon.
Don't even have an account there.
I did (as always) go out Black Friday shopping (Walmart & Target). Didn't get any lights...unless the lighted HDMI cable counts.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Black Friday! « Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 12:13:30 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
way before black Friday Bikeberry was having their Black Friday sale. So i purchased:

4 stroke 49cc pull start engine kit (By BBR tuning)
a set of magnesium 3 spoke wheels in black
a set of disc brakes

I also went on Bikeinn and bought a pair of michelin 26x1.75 tires.

I'm still trying to figure out the lighting situation.

I want to have a classical motor cycle or car set up with an alternator SLA batteries and halogen head lights (with yellow filter) and tail lights due to my preferences of halogen over LED.

Halogen emits enough light to see and nothing else. its less obnoxious than both LED and HID headlights. and its color is warm.
over all i can see better by its light than i can the harsh blue-gray light of LED and HID.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 12:16:17 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Black Friday! « Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 12:27:05 PM » Author: Cole D.
Don't even have an account there.
I did (as always) go out Black Friday shopping (Walmart & Target). Didn't get any lights...unless the lighted HDMI cable counts.

You went on Thursday for Black Friday? Also I don't go out on Black Friday, because of the crowds.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Black Friday! « Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 12:37:44 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
You went on Thursday for Black Friday? Also I don't go out on Black Friday, because of the crowds.
I’m with you cole on that one!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Black Friday! « Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 09:02:13 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Cole D.
Yep.. for some stores here, 'Black Friday' is actually 'Black Thursday', Other stores do it on friday.
The crowds don't bother me at all (if anything its kinda fun).
Its also not as crowded as it used to be .lol. I guess allot of people do the online thing now.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Black Friday! « Reply #7 on: November 29, 2019, 09:13:02 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yep.. for some stores here, 'Black Friday' is actually 'Black Thursday', Other stores do it on friday.
The crowds don't bother me at all (if anything its kinda fun).
Its also not as crowded as it used to be .lol. I guess allot of people do the online thing now.
Seriously, eventually black Friday won't exist it will just be cyber Monday.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Black Friday! « Reply #8 on: November 30, 2019, 02:37:52 AM » Author: joseph_125
Over here in Canada the traditional doorcrasher sales day used to be Boxing Day (December 26) but in the last ten or so years, pretty much all the retailers also adopted the same Black Friday sales as the US in addition to the traditional Boxing Day sales. Our Thanksgiving is on the second Monday in October so some stores start the Black Friday sales early on the Thursday before.

Anyway the sales here this year have been pretty underwhelming so I didn't really get anything.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Black Friday! « Reply #9 on: November 30, 2019, 10:26:58 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
They push the Chinese junk.
True

sox35
Re: Black Friday! « Reply #10 on: November 30, 2019, 06:52:09 PM » Author: sox35
Personally, I've never understood all the hype about black Friday or Christmas sales or whatever. If I want or need something, I'll go out and buy it, I;m not going to go and get something I have no use for just because it's a certain day or time of the year.

Similarly, advertising has a minimal effect on me. I might possibly be tempted to buy something after seeing an advert for it, but only if I was thinking of buying it anyway and the advert offered a genuinely good deal. I certainly wouldn't rush out and get something just because I saw an advert for it.
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Black Friday! « Reply #11 on: December 01, 2019, 12:38:38 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Personally, I've never understood all the hype about black Friday or Christmas sales or whatever. If I want or need something, I'll go out and buy it, I;m not going to go and get something I have no use for just because it's a certain day or time of the year.

Similarly, advertising has a minimal effect on me. I might possibly be tempted to buy something after seeing an advert for it, but only if I was thinking of buying it anyway and the advert offered a genuinely good deal. I certainly wouldn't rush out and get something just because I saw an advert for it.

On black Friday alot of places offer deep price drops on some really expensive stuff like TV's. People love saving hundreds of dollars so that's why people flock like seagulls over a French fry.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Black Friday! « Reply #12 on: December 01, 2019, 12:43:06 AM » Author: Lumex120
On black Friday alot of places offer deep price drops on some really expensive stuff like TV's. People love saving hundreds of dollars so that's why people flock like seagulls over a French fry.
Usually those TVs (and other electronics stuff) are stripped-down models made specifically for black friday. They are usually made with missing features (such as HDMI ports).

Unofficial LG Discord

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Black Friday! « Reply #13 on: December 01, 2019, 01:10:05 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Usually those TVs (and other electronics stuff) are stripped-down models made specifically for black friday. They are usually made with missing features (such as HDMI ports).
That's really lame.

~Owen

sox35
Re: Black Friday! « Reply #14 on: December 01, 2019, 09:03:38 AM » Author: sox35
They'd save even more if they didn't buy the thing at all..! It's only a saving if you were going to buy whatever it is on sale anyway.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies