Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 310331 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1635 on: June 18, 2024, 11:07:56 AM » Author: suzukir122
Finally got the four 15w Sylvania Dulux CFL's that I bought online back on June 7th to ship. Had to complain to the seller a bit. Seller forgot to ship
the lamps. ::) Geez.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1636 on: June 20, 2024, 05:29:22 PM » Author: Econolite03
Unpacked a new cobra-head to the collection that I bought off another collector, but unfortunately the refractor was smashed in transit. Other than that no new lighting stuff.
 :-[

Find Lighting + More | Visit my Gallery

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1637 on: June 21, 2024, 03:08:06 PM » Author: suzukir122
Just got my four 15w Sylvania Dulux lamps, finally... Programmed Start as well which makes them far more interesting. However, they also give
off a yellowish hue to them, but they appear a little more bluish when they've warmed up completely. Under these ones though, it does seem as if
skin color looks a bit better compared to the Panasonic lamps. And when I screw them in, I'm able to see all the ends... so I'm able to monitor
any end blackening that may take place over the years. When screwed in completely, the Panasonic lamp endings faced upward, so it would've been
tougher to monitor the Panasonic CFL endings if I decided to keep using them above my bathroom mirror.
The Dulux lamps will be in use in my bathroom above the mirror for the time being. lol

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1638 on: June 30, 2024, 11:22:43 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Yesterday I installed new LED fog lights in my 2003 Mercury Marauder as after 20+ years , the original halogen units were getting a bit tired . These were sold as "plug and play" , NOPE !!  While they bolted in place exactly as the originals , the wiring connectors are completely different !! The instructions want me to cut the original connector from my factory fog light harness and replace it with the ones supplied in the kit...Again , NOPE !!! I refuse to cut up the wiring in a 1 of 7,838 produced car !!! What I'm gonna do is replace the factory harness extensions with a modified set from a 2006-2011 Grand Marquis which has the same connection to the main harness but I'll substitute the correct connector to attach to the new LED for lights . Now , if I ever wish to put the car back completely stock I just have to swap in the original lights along with the original harness extensions .

Today's project was the repair of a 150w LED temporary work light that the neighbor gave me . I was told it didn't work when he gave it to me . Turns out the light itself is fine but the wiring from the cord to the light and convienence outlet was completely fried ! :short: I'm gonna guess that someone used the convienence outlet to power a high amp device , cooking the small gauge wires .
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 12:44:20 AM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Baked bagel 11

View Posts
View Gallery

Factory suspended Z8420

Sulo2fan
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1639 on: July 12, 2024, 06:12:59 AM » Author: Baked bagel 11
I bought my first American street light off ebay! A new in box 2022 GE Evolve ERL1 in 76 watt, they are probs my 2mnd favourite American light after the Solarmax SMX LL5 ;) Also bought a Ripley LongLife photocontrol to use it with :D.

An Aussie collector of the street lights of the world.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1640 on: July 12, 2024, 07:06:47 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Would you get any of the other Evolve models?
Baked bagel 11

View Posts
View Gallery

Factory suspended Z8420

Sulo2fan
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1641 on: July 12, 2024, 08:23:06 AM » Author: Baked bagel 11
My favourite is the ERLH, however they were too expensive! I like the erl6 too.

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1642 on: July 17, 2024, 11:55:23 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
I have good and bad news.

Bad news, my green MH is dead and red mh is white, and I broke a reflector incandescent.
Good news, I got almost every hid ballast I need, even sox ballast, along with red and green MH replacements.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
One of the only Indian members here!
245v 50Hz

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1643 on: July 18, 2024, 01:06:34 PM » Author: Laurens
I parted out 3 Philips SGS201s today. The building where i work is getting renovated, and the lanterns had to be removed to make the facade ready for isolation.
So they also install new area lighting. Forgot the brand name, it's an italian manufacturer and the LEDs are 3000k which means the color temp will be warmer than before, which i definitely like.

The SGS201s were all still functional, though the glass fibre sticks out from the plastic EVERYWHERE. The manufacture date was 2002 and 2008. One had a made in Holland HPL-N 80, the other two had chinese manufactured ones. Spider debris EVERYWHERE. I wonder how long that Made in Holland one has been in there. It looks completely fine, but there hasn't been any dutch manufacture of those in decades i think.

Now there is one single SGS201 left on the building, on a part that will not be renovated. There's a nonzero chance that it will just stay there, greening out. There's only one hpl-n in stock at work, i kept the old ones. One of them has a very blackened arc tube, the other actually looks completely fine. The Made in Holland one is going home with me :)

The gear trays will be repurposed to drive the Eye/Iwasaki H50 clear mercury lamps because it has a tap for 50w and for 80w lamps. We use clear MV lamps to do stuff like show spectrum lines, invisible UV radiation spectrum lines with a diffraction grating, and for showing the difference between substitution and addition reactions with bromine and hexane/hexene.
We still have the Narva NF80 which runs completely fine, but if someone drops it - getting a replacement is impossible*, except for those H50s - so i have 2 in stock. Those will have to last the life time of the school...
*you can still get specialized Osram quarz burners, essentially a HPL-N without outer bulb, but those have the downside of emitting UVC light, which is an extremely bad idea in classroom settings. Aside from that, the bulb and holder cost north of 1000 euro and that's just totally ridiculous. A lot of profit is made over the backs of schools.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 01:11:58 PM by Laurens » Logged
LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1644 on: July 20, 2024, 02:52:14 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Today, I finally revived my 250w HID ballast. Yesterday, I was testing a HPS lamp, and it ran fine. But when I put the MH, nothing happened, even replacing it with the working HPS. Turns out the ignitor randomly died, and I replaced it with one I found in the trash.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
One of the only Indian members here!
245v 50Hz

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1645 on: July 25, 2024, 02:02:14 AM » Author: 108CAM
Back after another break to manage my mental health.
I'm now able to go to the abandoned textile mill now that the trains are running again following several weeks of disruptions because of track work.

Ended up saving a massive 1x58/65w fixture from the mill. It's now waiting to be cleaned and checked in preparation for testing. With the exception of some aftermarket modifications made to the wiring, everything looks to be in good shape.
Also need to fix the hinges for the cover because the rivets were corroded to the point where I was able to break them with nothing more than a light tug 

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 18
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 15
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Baked bagel 11

View Posts
View Gallery

Factory suspended Z8420

Sulo2fan
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1646 on: July 27, 2024, 07:53:41 AM » Author: Baked bagel 11
Looking forward to photos of those, great save  BTW! ;)

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1647 on: August 07, 2024, 06:06:50 AM » Author: suzukir122
Unfortunately, and to my surprise, one of my Sylvania Dulux 15w Programmed Start CFL's in my bathroom EOL'd. Much like the two Panasonic CFL's that recently EOL'd, this one failed to light when I flipped the switch on. No end blackening. I wonder why it is that my CFL's keep failing like this?
Anyways, I replaced it with a Preheat adapter based CFL, with a 9w Ushio lamp that looks somewhat similar to the Dulux's, other than color, size, and starting method. I'm not sure why it is that I'm having such bad luck with electronic ballasted CFL's.
I may go magnetic Preheat instead for the bathroom soon, and then move the remaining Dulux CFL's somewhere else.

Interests:

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1648 on: August 14, 2024, 08:06:39 PM » Author: 108CAM
Been cleaning some light fixtures that are about to turn 50!
Also trying to figure out my next salvage targets for the textile mill because I've saved the few good fixtures that were still intact and what's still there has been smashed by the vandals or is too high for me to reach with my 44 gallon drum ladder. There's still some intact F58T8 tubes which I might salvage because I only have 3 five foot tubes, one of which is EOL and gets used for ballast testing.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 18
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 15
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1649 on: August 20, 2024, 11:55:57 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Last fluorescent-light thing I did (a couple weeks ago) was take apart an aquarium light... Ballast had gone up in smoke. Its still laying outside on the deck with the fried ballast hanging out. Will most likely just get converted to LED.

Last Christmas-light thing I did (this evening) was to repair a set of lights that'd been chewed by a tree-rat.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies