Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 304695 times)
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID collector.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1650 on: August 29, 2024, 09:20:25 PM » Author: BT25
So, what did I do today...find a couple of extremely rare HID lamps!  :poof:

Better to be silent and thought a fool than to opens one mouth and remove all doubt.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1651 on: August 29, 2024, 09:47:30 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Awesome, are they ones you haven't found yet?
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID collector.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1652 on: August 29, 2024, 10:46:20 PM » Author: BT25
Yep! :o

Better to be silent and thought a fool than to opens one mouth and remove all doubt.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1653 on: August 30, 2024, 07:51:13 AM » Author: suzukir122
Getting things up and running over here in terms of HID as well... for the first time ever in almost 10 years, I finally cleaned the glass lens
of two of my 20w CMH track lights. I've had those Powerball Sylvania 20w CMH lamps in them since about 4 years ago I think, and the glass lens
were so dirty that it didn't show how bright those lamps are. At all. Now I see... those CMH track lights are insanely bright.
From now on, I'll be regularly cleaning those glass lens... that was about 10 years of dust that I just cleaned off. Suzukir122 is an idiot.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1654 on: September 10, 2024, 01:24:21 PM » Author: Laurens
Built a ballast box for my SOX 90w. There's a BSX90 and associated ignitor in there.
The box is generously sized because my previous HPL-N 50w ballast box was so small that i could barely get my hands in there to mount a strain relief etc. It is also large enough to mount some sort of cradle for the lamp on top.

I had a little fuckup - i designed the box for 6mm MDF, but for some reason the local hardware store doesn't sell that anymore so i used 9mm. Only after cutting i realized i didn't modify the cutting files...
It still fits together and is sturdy enough, just not as nice as the one i made for the 50w ballast for the clear MV lamp.
Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1655 on: Today at 02:54:29 PM » Author: Laurens
Jerry rigged a setup for my Sylvania F14T12 tube. It works, but the 15w ballast significantly underruns the tube. The specs are - as far as i can tell - 390 to 420mA. It's running on 320mA (rms) on this ballast, which i think may be problematic in the long run.

Perhaps a 20w ballast will do the job at 370mA - close enough. Got multiple 20w fixtures sitting around that i can steal a ballast from, but i kinda use all of them...

The workbench is of course in its perpetual state of chaos, today lit by a SON 50w and a color 530 (29) tube overhead if i'm actually doing the work.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies