Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 282819 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1620 on: June 04, 2024, 03:10:21 PM » Author: suzukir122
Not sure what's going on with my Sylvania Dulux order... I ordered it back on May 25th and it's supposedly still in Florida. Ebay claims that the "carrier
has the package." The seller just sent me a message saying that he'll "add two more bulbs if there isn't any movement in shipping..."  ::)
Looks like I may have to cancel an order soon.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1621 on: June 04, 2024, 05:06:11 PM » Author: BT25
I've had this happen too...usually after the seller has changed their mind, or they realize that they priced the item to low and will lose money. I end up giving them a negative review for ghosting and then cancelling an order.

Vintage HID collector.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1622 on: June 04, 2024, 05:17:53 PM » Author: suzukir122
Oooohhh... yeah it's not looking good for the seller. I sure hope this is not the case.
I have zero trust in him so far... usually my trust goes out the window *wen the cellar talks lik dis.*
Sigh.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1623 on: June 04, 2024, 06:11:00 PM » Author: BT25
Yeah, I'd give it until Friday...if nothing happens, get eBay involved.

Vintage HID collector.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1624 on: June 04, 2024, 07:42:39 PM » Author: suzukir122
@BT25, YEP! :laugh: You had the same idea. I've already told the seller a couple days ago that I will give it until the 7th. At this point, he expects it.
I'm not sure what he will do on that date, and he does seem a bit sketchy... so I'm going to get Ebay involved on the 6th instead... Thursday.
Tracking does say that USPS picked up the item on May 28th, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Interests:

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1625 on: June 04, 2024, 09:30:56 PM » Author: BT25
I've had the same issue...tracking says it's in the system, but no movement...then when you ask, they either evade or just cancel immediately without exclamation.  ::)

Vintage HID collector.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1626 on: June 05, 2024, 04:54:17 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Not sure what's going on with my Sylvania Dulux order... I ordered it back on May 25th and it's supposedly still in Florida. Ebay claims that the "carrier
has the package." The seller just sent me a message saying that he'll "add two more bulbs if there isn't any movement in shipping..."  ::)
Looks like I may have to cancel an order soon.

If it's going thru the USPS distribution center in Ybor City Fla. it'll be awhile !!!! Apparently it's the USPS black hole ! https://www.reddit.com/r/usps_complaints/comments/krtkiy/anyone_else_stuck_in_ybor_city_fl_distribution/ 
 My parents live in Fla. and some things they send take WEEKS to get here thanks to those Buffoons !!!
 It's like a roach motel , packages check in but they don't check out !!  :lol:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1627 on: June 05, 2024, 06:58:33 PM » Author: suzukir122
This is all occurring in Miami Florida, through USPS. The item (Sylvania Dulux 36w) was only $10.66 with tax... I'm beginning to think I should
just cut my losses, get Ebay involved and cancel the order/get my refund... starting today. There are so many other 36w Dulux lamps being sold on
Ebay, including those Italy versions. I could get my refund and use it to get another Dulux from another seller.

Interests:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1628 on: June 06, 2024, 08:16:02 AM » Author: suzukir122
I was just about to cancel the order when I noticed in tracking it updated saying it's now in Cincinnati distribution center. So it should arrive today.
The seller did claim that he would include two more lamps because of this dilemma, so we will see.

Interests:

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1629 on: June 06, 2024, 08:42:00 PM » Author: icefoglights
Climbed up the pole to my Dusk-to-Dawner to adjust the photocontrol.  I had turned it from the position it arrived in to a position where the full eye was showing through the window.  That caused it to turn on way late, so I turned it where the eye was nearly fully hidden.  That caused it to turn on way too soon.  I think I found the witness marks from the original alignment and set it there, so it should work better.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1630 on: June 06, 2024, 09:45:37 PM » Author: suzukir122
I finally got my 36w Dulux, and it works like a charm. The seller also did include another one, absolutely free. I haven't tested the other one yet
but I will at some point. But the one in use right now so far seems a bit better than the Ecologic version. It seems as if it warms up faster.
Anyways... that's the good news. The bad news is that one of my Panasonic 15w CFL's failed.
I was using that CFL in a table lamp that I bought today, and I kept all of my lights in my loft lit, including that one. Walked back up into the loft
a few hours later to find that CFL out. I checked the CFL ends... no end blackening. Also no smell of burning from the base.
Not sure how I feel about those Panasonic lamps. Sure they're vintage, and they're still awesome to me, but they remind me of my Sylvania Dulux 20w lamps
in the fact that they're instant start, and they have a slight yellow hue to them.
Other than the one that went EOL prematurely, I'm thinking about boxing all of them back up and potentially selling them on Ebay. Maybe.
Those Panasonic lamps are still cool to me, but I feel as if I can do better than that. Especially regarding bathroom lighting.

Interests:

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1631 on: June 07, 2024, 01:40:13 PM » Author: icefoglights
Finally mounted up the Lithonia mini-strips in my tire shed.  They're not wired up yet, but at least they are out of the box.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1632 on: June 08, 2024, 02:18:04 AM » Author: suzukir122
Got my screw-in BIAX 2D 39w CFL's in the mail earlier. Those 2D 39w lamps are BRIGHT! Some of the brightest CFL's I've ever owned, easily. I knew about
those 2D lamps when I was a kid, and I've seen them in stores, but I did not know that they were as bright as they are.
Now I'm wondering about the power factor and the amps of the ballasts.
Retired my table lamp that lit my 28w BIAX CFL, so now I'm using that CFL in my upstairs loft.
I've got one 2D lamp in a floor lamp in my downstairs living room, and I'm making plans on buying another floor lamp and using the other 2D lamp with it,
in my bedroom. I *might* retire my 20w CMH track lights, but that's a tough call.

Interests:

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1633 on: June 08, 2024, 11:37:08 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Got one of my most extensive lamp lots, huge 400w mv. Thanks to the shopkeeper for reducing the prices on the slimline T5 and the xenon lamp :) !

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
One of the only Indian members here!
245v 50Hz

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1634 on: June 09, 2024, 11:50:24 PM » Author: suzukir122
Just dealt with another unexpected failure. Panasonic... again. This time it was one of the CFL's I just installed in the bathroom like a week ago.
It's okay though because I just bought four 15w Programmed Start Sylvania Dulux CFL's to replace all of those Panasonic 15w CFL's.
But... I'm not sure what's up with those Panasonic 15w CFL's. Are they not reliable? Are they cheaply made?
Obviously I can't keep using them at this point because they've been failing completely unexpectedly without any warning signs.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies