Author Topic: The reliability of the Tridonic anti-cycle ignitor, during power outages  (Read 3500 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

The reliability of the Tridonic anti-cycle ignitor, during power outages « on: February 10, 2015, 03:43:48 PM » Author: dor123
We had three very strong power outage, during the evening, which two of them turned off part of the lanterns in Zebulun street, and occured within seconds, and one that extingushed all of the lanterns in Zebulun street.
At Zebulun/Hatealla, where all of the Schreder Sepales with their Tridonic anti-cycle ignitor (The same ones that Liam have) located, two Schreder Sepale extingushed permanently, and are still don't working right now (Probably their ignitors decided to detect the power outages, as cycles, and gave up permanently).
Anyone had a bad experience with anti-cycle ignitors, that gave up re-ignition attempts permanently, after result of one or series power outage, and didn't restruke the lamps?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The reliability of the Tridonic anti-cycle ignitor, during power outages « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 12:02:48 AM » Author: Medved
The complete power switch OFF is a reset for the anti-cycling ignitors, so that is, what should make the lnterns working again.
However during events like storms or so, you see just many short dips, whose tend to extinguish the lamps, but do not reset the ignitors. That then cause many of the lanterns to remain OFF until the next day.

If you experience many really failed lanterns, I would guess it were the power surges and bursts, what killed them. With the behaviour of the classical ballasts, I would guess for just their fuse or circuit breaker had tripped for the high currents associated with the high frequency bursts on the line connected to the PFC capacitor.

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: The reliability of the Tridonic anti-cycle ignitor, during power outages « Reply #2 on: July 12, 2024, 05:45:14 AM » Author: dor123
Update: I've seen that lots of the Schreder Sepale at Zevulun/Hatealla now have regular superimposed ignitors instead of their Tridonic (Probably Tridonic ZRM 4.5-ES/CT), probably because there were lots of documented cases about lanterns that shut off permanently after a series of power outages, Kiryat Ata replaced the OEM Tridonic anti-cycle ignitors with regular ignitors to prevent this phenomenon from occur again and to allow cycling lamps to cycle endlessly.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies