Author Topic: Is the origin of the Philips L-Prize lamp is the US?  (Read 2056 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Is the origin of the Philips L-Prize lamp is the US? « on: August 07, 2012, 06:18:32 AM » Author: dor123
In this topic , Silverliner said that the L-Prize lamp was developed in the Netherlands.
But in the Philips online catalog, is claimed that the L-Prize lamp assembled in the US , and that it is an american lamp (There is no European version of the L-Prize in the catalog).
So I don't know if the L-Prize lamp (Which its efficiency of 90lm/w is in questions because of its unusual mixture of blue and red LEDs) is american or dutch in origin (Aka made by Philips lighting international [Dutch] or Philips North America [USA]).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is the origin of the Philips L-Prize lamp is the US? « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 10:30:37 AM » Author: James
The lamp was developed in China and Netherlands, in two variants of 806lm 12.5W and 900lm 10W.  The former makes most commercial sense in terms of cost for the level of performance, but the latter was needed to win the L-Prize.  Specifically also to win the L-Prize, it is a requirement that a certain percentage by value of the lamp has to be assembled in USA.  Therefore that one alone is partly made in USA.  All the others are Chinese.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies