Author Topic: Sylvania F40T12IF came  (Read 2449 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Sylvania F40T12IF came « on: May 31, 2012, 01:24:14 PM » Author: Powell
Thanks to Luminaire for the lamps I tried them out in my 1950 preheat "shoplight" and they lit right away. I first tried with one IF and one CWX. I got them recently at a local hardware and they say Buyers Choice on them, and they were made by Sylvania and were selling for $1.89 each, so I got 2. The F40T12IF seemed no dimmer than the CWX lamps. Sylvania could bring them back if they could get the CRI to 90. Isn't CRI on those at 89%.  I need to test them with a WWX to see what that looks like!

Powell

NNNN!

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Sylvania F40T12IF came « Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 05:31:25 AM » Author: Silverliner
IFs would technically be exempt, the minimim CRI is 87. I saw one source say the IF has a CRI of 92, another said 89
 Confusing!

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Sylvania F40T12IF came « Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 06:01:32 AM » Author: dor123
I expecting that the Sylvania IF would have a Ra8 of over 90, because as its name suggest (Incandescent Fluorescent), its light is indistinguishable from an incandescent lamp. Even 827 and 927 triphosphors fluorescent lamps have a light which is far from incandescents (Similar to that of a typical white HPS lamp [Philips SDW]).

Similarly, the Iwasaki SDX white HPS lamp, should have at least 2800K and over 90 Ra8, because its light is indistinguishable from a halogen lamp (The reason why it has been described the highest quality sodium based light source regardless of is it a white HPS, a regular HPS or a LPS lamp: No other brand of white HPS lamp have an incandescent/halogen color, and they tends to be in the pink/golden side of the white, rather than the yellowish white of incandescents and halogens).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania F40T12IF came « Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 11:54:58 AM » Author: Powell
The F40T12N  ( Natural) 3700K that's sorta pinkish has a 90%CRI and is still listed ( or recently was) by GE ! 

Powell

NNNN!

arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania F40T12IF came « Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 03:51:57 PM » Author: arcblue
What about the Plant & Aquarium wide spectrum lamp? They have 89 CRI at a low colour temperature.

I'm lampin...

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies