Author Topic: HG Bright lamps  (Read 2124 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

HG Bright lamps « on: December 08, 2011, 09:56:19 PM » Author: Powell
I got all of them at ReStore, they had 2 boxes of them that had 10 each in them. They are F8T5CW. In the box of ten, they also have their own cute cardboard box.  When you first put them in they quickly but a dark gray, almost black band, but after a period of time it turns back to light gray. Now these bulbs look somewhat like a bright CWX. There is NO country of origin everywhere.  I have a 2 lamp 8 watt fixture that is run by an electronic ballast that needs both lamps in the fixture to see if that happens on a solid state ballast.

Has anyone heard of these lamps? 

Powell

NNNN!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HG Bright lamps « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 11:19:49 AM » Author: Powell
They don't rapidly get the darkening on the ends on the dual lamp solid state fixture, but one bulb is bad.  It lights normally but as it warms up it dims down and on a preheat manual start fixture it will get unstable and go out. On the solid state fixture it gets VERY hot and stays very dim. Once it cools down it will light at normal brightness and repeat the dimming.  There is NO end blackening done during this procedure.

As for the rapidly forming end blackening at first start, this is not happening on the solid state ballast that has some interaction between the 2 lamps.

So repeating my first post in this thread question... has anyone heard of this company? There is NO writing at all on the big box or the cardboard little boxes each lamp comes in.

Powell

NNNN!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HG Bright lamps « Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 11:24:31 AM » Author: Powell
I got nothing on Google except this thread !  :a_fluor: :a_fluor: :a_fluor:???

NNNN!

toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HG Bright lamps « Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 08:24:41 PM » Author: toomanybulbs
iirc i had a dead one out of a cricket edge lit sign.
a cricket dealer i fix stuff for got it from another dealer when it died.
ran about a year 24/7.
about normal life for a f8t5.
didnt keep the dud  but noted i had never seen the brand before.
oh and many new lamps flash off mercury off the cathode on first start.completely normal.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:26:24 PM by toomanybulbs » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies