Author Topic: Cant access site - Server Upgrade Issues  (Read 3205 times)
Fox Mantra

View Posts
View Gallery

Philips Sl Comfort best bulbs

Cant access site - Server Upgrade Issues « on: November 02, 2011, 01:37:33 PM » Author: Fox Mantra
I'm on my mobile phone typing this. Android. Yesterday I was on the site fine uploading my Christmas lights u might of seen. The all of a sudden all i get is connection has timed out. Too long to respond. On ff and ie.  I've reset the router and cleared catch cookies all that sort of thing. But all I get is that. Any Help would be great. :) I'm signed in on my mobile here but can't see the pictures only forum side.   Thanks fox.  
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:32:27 PM by Fox Mantra » Logged

Techno, Lightning, PS3, Lights, Furry, Random bloke.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: cant acsess site on my 2 computers « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 02:02:06 PM » Author: Ash
Download this CD, burn and and boot it on your computer. It will load Chakra Linux, a complete working (and great) operating system of its own. Connect a WIRED ethernet cable (not WIFI) and try to use internet normally with Konqueror or Rekonq browsers (included in it)

If you can now, there is problem with network connection settings in your main operating system (IP DNS etc) or browser (Proxies etc), or your operating system in general

If you still can't (and assumin your router gives connections automatically), there is something more severe going on with the router or computer, post here and we (at list me) will try to help

http://sourceforge.net/projects/chakra/files/2011.09/chakra-2011.09-edn-i686.iso/download
Fox Mantra

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: cant acsess site on my 2 computers « Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 03:30:46 PM » Author: Fox Mantra
Ohh a few months ago I got windows 7. On here. Don't fancy changeing whole os for this little problem.  All my other sites work apsoilutly fine. On any browser. Its strange because all I was doing was uploading another Xmas light pic. And the site stopped working :( 

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: cant acsess site on my 2 computers « Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 03:54:35 PM » Author: Medved
The nice thing with the "live" OS distribution is, then it does not touch the OS you have on the hard drive...
If the problem is only for LG, check setting of tools like AdBlock, NoScript (,...), if you didn't put it accidentally on the "black list" (With adBlock this accident is quite "easy" to make, as on many component it offer clickable "block this" tag and clicking on it and one careless confirmation is enough to block it)

No more selfballasted c***

Fox Mantra

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: cant acsess site on my 2 computers « Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 08:43:43 PM » Author: Fox Mantra
Ok is back on the site with my desktop yay,  I reset the modem and router for 10 Min's, and then pressed the reset on the back of it with a pen,  And used Hide my ass website were it hide your IP and the site popped back up :) 

Not sure what it was all that time, but i read this too  >> the DNS' worldwide had to update and it takes 2-3 days to do.

so might off been that too :) Thanks for help though topic can be locked.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: cant acsess site on my 2 computers « Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 09:34:19 PM » Author: Patrick
Fox Mantra, did you ever encounter any 403 errors?  I provided recent IP addresses for your username to the new hosting company and one of them was blocked due to repeated security violations.  Don't worry, I'm sure it was a false positive.  Ash also had problems simply because a photo description contained the word "system" followed by a parenthesis.  The new hosting company apparently has very strict firewall policies.  Most likely some completely harmless text you were trying to post matched one of their patterns.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: cant acsess site on my 2 computers « Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 09:38:36 PM » Author: Patrick
And also, the reason why you were blocked permanently and Ash was not was due to the number of violations.  5 violations (403 errors) in the last 300s will result an a IP address ban, which is permanent unless I ask to have it removed.  Also, the hosting company was unwilling to provide me with a list of banned IPs, so if anyone else encounters this issue, I won't be able to give your IP address access again unless you report the issue to me.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  If I had known, I would have never signed up with this company.

Lighting-Gallery.net

Fox Mantra

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: cant acsess site on my 2 computers « Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 10:26:38 PM » Author: Fox Mantra
And also, the reason why you were blocked permanently and Ash was not was due to the number of violations.  5 violations (403 errors) in the last 300s will result an a IP address ban, which is permanent unless I ask to have it removed.  Also, the hosting company was unwilling to provide me with a list of banned IPs, so if anyone else encounters this issue, I won't be able to give your IP address access again unless you report the issue to me.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  If I had known, I would have never signed up with this company.

I didn't get any 303 errors trying to get back in just the FF and IE website is taking too long to respond,  But i did come across this today trying to edit a Picture that's already up this one >> http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1495&pos=0&pid=59636  every time i try to link this link to it >> http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1495&pos=1&pid=59027  I get this message

(( Forbidden ))

You don't have permission to access /gallery/editOnePic.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.lighting-gallery.net Port 80

I don't think that is supposed to happen ^^ cheers fox.
Ps I've changed the topic title to make other light fans see it better :)

EDIT >> Also today i wanted to edit my albums put pictures in right places i get that Fobidden message again :( 

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:00:39 PM by Fox Mantra » Logged

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Cant access site - Server Upgrade Issues « Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 10:07:58 PM » Author: Patrick
Fox,

Would you give it another try?  The host has adjusted the ModSecurity settings for us.

Lighting-Gallery.net

Fox Mantra

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cant access site - Server Upgrade Issues « Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 09:30:18 AM » Author: Fox Mantra
Hi PJC ok  tried editing my files again and got this message today >>

The server has rejected your request to access /gallery/editpics.php?album=1420&start=0&count=25 from http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/editpics.php?album=1420.

The server most likely flagged your content as posing a security hazard by mistake. Please continue to browse the site, but do not repeat your previous form submission. Repeated attempts may result in the hosting company's firewall blocking you from the server. Instead, notify us at administrator(SPAM PROTECTION - REMOVE)@lighting-gallery.net and we will have the problem corrected. Please include as many relevant details as possible including the type of action you were taking, such as uploading a picture or making a comment, the URL of the previous page, and any text you were attempting to post, such as the message body or photo description. You may use you browser's back button to return to the previous page so that you may collect this information. Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Cant access site - Server Upgrade Issues « Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 10:38:05 PM » Author: Patrick
It's the same error.  I added a custom 403 error page with instructions.  The hosting company has made another adjustment, and it should work this time.

Lighting-Gallery.net

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies