Author Topic: a nice dream bulb design idea....  (Read 6560 times)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
a nice dream bulb design idea.... « on: December 19, 2006, 09:29:24 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I and powergroove was talking about the reader light that used to be back then a outside frosted bulb with softwhite inside....

This got me into thinking and had an idea........

What about a outside frosted Fluorecent tube???????????

If you guys have any comments about my idea please do so! Plus if you do have a dream idea that doesn't exist or you never heard of....feel free to share...unless you plan to be an inventor and wanna be rich with it ;-)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 10:35:46 PM by TudorWhiz » Logged

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

mr_big
Re: a nice dream idea.... « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 10:32:53 PM » Author: mr_big
Making clear fluorescents out of glass instead of quartz so all the harmful UV is blocked
Bringing back the GOOD quality lamps nothing made in China anymore LOA going out of business or making GOOD quality lamps
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: a nice dream idea.... « Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 10:35:26 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
buddy...the clear fluorescents....good idea

but "bringing back good quality lamps and nothing made in China" does not fit in this catagory......you gotta make a lightbulb design idea....ill change the topic name....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: a nice dream bulb design idea.... « Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 02:07:44 AM » Author: SeanB~1
A clear UV lamp, and wash with HF acid to etch it? ;)
mr_big
Re: a nice dream bulb design idea.... « Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 02:12:37 AM » Author: mr_big
How about a clear glass fluorescent not quartz and then etch it  ;D sure sounds cool how about a teflon non stick fluorescent that keeps the dust off
J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: a nice dream bulb design idea.... « Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 05:34:02 PM » Author: J-Frog
A dual arc tube CMH lamp for high bay applications for instant relight and longer life.

How about a fluoro lamp with a heat shield material on the end stem seal area so it won't lose vacuum at end of life...

A MH lamp that has a temp sensor and current sensor built into it so it can be monitored by the ballast and ballast can shut it down before it explodes...

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: a nice dream bulb design idea.... « Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 05:36:23 PM » Author: FGS
How about CFL Twist without coating? Having a T12 8' made into a twist CFL Mogul base? Both coated and uncoated. Having clear 3-ways and uncoated CFLs and Tubes fluorescents being sold at Walmart or Target.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 05:41:32 PM by Zeus » Logged

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: a nice dream bulb design idea.... « Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 06:22:03 PM » Author: Silverliner
I have thought of making blacklight incandescents with a drop of mercury inside to make them work more like fluorescents. Wonder if that'll work? I also have thought of making filaments out of strings that came off the palm tree leaves and cover them in graphite from pencils. Maybe that'll work eh? Maybe I can experiment!

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Semi-Comma

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: a nice dream bulb design idea.... « Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 04:34:20 PM » Author: Semi-Comma
I'd like to see a 15 watt or otherwise very low wattage mercury vapor lamp. A 1-3 watt one would be really cool. Think mercury vapor nightlight. With a BT7 shaped bulb and maybe a plug-in fixture that looks like a mini NEMA head.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 04:37:44 PM by Semi-Comma » Logged
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: a nice dream bulb design idea.... « Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 05:31:27 PM » Author: FGS
@Semi-comma: That's really good. Definitely will be interesting.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: a nice dream bulb design idea.... « Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 05:42:59 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Semi-Comma you sure are creative!!!! I think I lost my creativity  :'(

Pippi

View Posts
View Gallery

Pippi Longstocking - The world`s strongest girl

GoL UCpsE6sKyPz8uzLGMaVM92RA
Re: a nice dream bulb design idea.... « Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 12:37:23 PM » Author: Pippi
What about a 2-way clear merc with one regular tube and one inside a tube
of blacklight blue glass?

:bluecflhd: :yellowcflhd: :bluecflhd: :yellowcflhd:

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: a nice dream bulb design idea.... « Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 03:13:27 PM » Author: FGS
@Pippi - great idea.
@Everyone - Can they make blacklight quartz?

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: a nice dream bulb design idea.... « Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 09:53:57 PM » Author: ace100w120v
how about A 3-way SBMV lamp, of 50 (like 30w filament and 20w arctube) watt , 100w, 60w filament and 40w arctube, and 150w, (80w filament)? Or a 100, 175, 400w version too, for those big mogul 3 way lamps! Let me know what you think!
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: a nice dream bulb design idea.... « Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 10:54:05 AM » Author: funkybulb
that would be neat a 3 way SBMV but that would make one big bulb ;D

what about a miniture silverliner OV25?

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies