Author Topic: Are modern websites designed to be used by smartphones only???  (Read 534 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Are modern websites designed to be used by smartphones only??? « on: October 24, 2024, 12:52:51 PM » Author: dor123
It looks to me that most modern websites aren't designed to be used with the computer, but with the smartphone only.
Is this true?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dudam001

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are modern websites designed to be used by smartphones only??? « Reply #1 on: October 24, 2024, 08:18:59 PM » Author: dudam001
It appears so, Dor. I honestly dislike this trend with passion.

Not a big fan of LED’s… (except for indicator purposes).

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are modern websites designed to be used by smartphones only??? « Reply #2 on: October 25, 2024, 03:16:03 AM » Author: Laurens
They are more often made with mobile users in mind, which often looks shitty on a normal browser - with a lot of empty space on both sides of a small amount of actual content.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are modern websites designed to be used by smartphones only??? « Reply #3 on: October 25, 2024, 07:01:10 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
But on the otherhand, more and more people only uses mobile devices for web browsing especially when it comes to younger generation.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are modern websites designed to be used by smartphones only??? « Reply #4 on: October 25, 2024, 09:43:49 AM » Author: Laurens
You don't have to choose to ruin the experience on one or the other. For instance, youtube has both a desktop and a mobile version of their website. Usually the mobile site is like m.blablabla.com
LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: Are modern websites designed to be used by smartphones only??? « Reply #5 on: October 25, 2024, 10:15:57 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
I usually use them sideways while browsing. So, the desktop design would fit.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
One of the only Indian members here!
245v 50Hz

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Are modern websites designed to be used by smartphones only??? « Reply #6 on: October 25, 2024, 10:17:16 AM » Author: dor123
There are website like KFC Israel, Burger Runch and McDonalds Israel, that are designed to be mobile version even on desktop:
https://www.kfc.co.il
https://www.mcdonalds.co.il
https://app.burgeranch.co.il

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are modern websites designed to be used by smartphones only??? « Reply #7 on: October 25, 2024, 01:44:19 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
You don't have to choose to ruin the experience on one or the other. For instance, youtube has both a desktop and a mobile version of their website. Usually the mobile site is like m.blablabla.com
It's about cost. Developing two layout cost more than one. And in every update you have to implement and test changes for both layouts.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are modern websites designed to be used by smartphones only??? « Reply #8 on: October 25, 2024, 04:29:33 PM » Author: Danny
Facebook certainly is easier to navigate and use on a Mobile App than it is on a computer. I used to prefer Facebook on a computer but prefer it on my phone nowadays as I just cannot use it on a Computer
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies