Author Topic: New roads or traffic light locations in your area?  (Read 299 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
New roads or traffic light locations in your area? « on: October 20, 2024, 09:23:15 AM » Author: Cole D.
Are there any new roads or traffic light in your area, where there were none before?

Here, we got a couple of new roundabouts built between 2019-21. We also got a whole new 4 lane highway alternate route going through what used to be orange groves.

Those all have the AEL ATB2 on truss arms along them.

Recently we also got new traffic light installed along the highway going south of me. It’s at an intersection that’s pretty busy and a hotel was built there in 2008 and a big gas station in 2012, so needless saying it’s a busy intersection.

This traffic light can catch you off guard as the road curves sharply before the light if you’re traveling southbound.

We also got a whole rebuilt intersection here next to the new Chick Fil A restaurant. It used to just be a left turn lane and other lane up go straight or right, but now there’s a second left turn lane.

Plus there’s new roads going around the Chick Fil A so all of that is a new setup.

I think new roads are cool, something about seeing the fresh blacktop, bright gray concrete curbing, and shiny new sign poles makes them nice.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: New roads or traffic light locations in your area? « Reply #1 on: October 20, 2024, 11:21:41 AM » Author: rjluna2
When I moved to my new home in 1968, the intersection of Kensington Road and Wolf Road in Mount Prospect, IL it was nothing but Stop sign.  In 1973 They upgraded with 4-way traffic signal lights with new red/green delayed signal.  You can see now it has more complex signal at N Wolf Rd & E Kensington Rd, Mount Prospect, Il.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: New roads or traffic light locations in your area? « Reply #2 on: October 20, 2024, 02:02:21 PM » Author: Cole D.
Hmm now that you mention it, I think we got a light installed at the intersection at Lowes and Shelby Crossing shopping center in around 2007.

Since it was built in 2007 and Lowes in 2006, it was around then. I really can’t remember if there was a light there or not since it was before I started driving, but I doubt it since there was nothing in that stretch before but woods.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: New roads or traffic light locations in your area? « Reply #3 on: Today at 06:37:51 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Because of the widening of roads here, plenty of new traffic lights are coming, with some even having Japanese style pedestrian lights. Only thing is, they are only putting now ones, not replacing or cleaning the old led ones.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
One of the only Indian members here!
245v 50Hz

Baked bagel 11

View Posts
View Gallery

Factory suspended Z8420

Sulo2fan
Re: New roads or traffic light locations in your area? « Reply #4 on: Today at 07:28:41 AM » Author: Baked bagel 11
We had some roads signalised a couple of years ago here.
(Corner of Southern Cross Dr and Ross Smith crescent, Scullin, Canberra, Australia, 2614)

An Aussie collector of the street lights of the world.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies