Author Topic: School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65!  (Read 710 times)
Emersyn

View Posts
View Gallery

School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65! « on: October 17, 2024, 05:57:25 PM » Author: Emersyn
Over the past few months, a school bus hobby of mine has come about! I have the pleasure of riding the school bus every day and I have ridden my favorite model school bus many times... The Freightliner FS-65!

Unfortunately there are very few Freightliners left but it is a pleasure seeing them rarely when I do. I hope one day to get my own Freightliner some day, a 2006 model one to be specific!

Does anyone else here like school buses?

If you have any questions regarding fluorescent lamps, feel free to ask me! I will do my best to answer it!

Baked bagel 11

View Posts
View Gallery

Factory suspended Z8420

Sulo2fan
Re: School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65! « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2024, 12:37:00 AM » Author: Baked bagel 11
I'm a fan of most busses found in Australia, the custom denning element 2 would be my favourite modern bus but the leyland panther psu3 with an Athol hedges body would be my all time favourite.
The freightliner fs-65 is cool too. :)

An Aussie collector of the street lights of the world.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65! « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2024, 01:42:58 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Those Freightliner school buses are rare here from what I've seen. All I see are Blue Bird or whatever company they are, flat face school buses.

Just a casual observation.
Emersyn

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65! « Reply #3 on: October 18, 2024, 06:28:38 AM » Author: Emersyn
I don't know much about city buses but I do know that there are a ton of hybrid electric buses in my area now...

The Freightliner has gotten rare for school district use. There are a few left, probably as spares.

Now in the Western part of North Carolina there are more, some of them being from rafting companies and such.

Recently the IC CE Electric has started to see use too, and it looks like the gas version, I love how they didn't change the design!

If you have any questions regarding fluorescent lamps, feel free to ask me! I will do my best to answer it!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65! « Reply #4 on: October 18, 2024, 07:36:07 AM » Author: rjluna2
@Emersyn: What body of the Freightliner FS-65 school bus you like?

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Emersyn

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65! « Reply #5 on: October 18, 2024, 02:35:27 PM » Author: Emersyn
I don't know like car terms or anything but I think it's like the Thomas body with the Freightliner chassis that I like!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65! « Reply #6 on: October 18, 2024, 02:48:59 PM » Author: rjluna2
Cheers, Emersyn :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Emersyn

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65! « Reply #7 on: October 18, 2024, 02:55:29 PM » Author: Emersyn
Thank you!

One day I could drive my Freightliner FS-65 and pick up lots of lights!

Baked bagel 11

View Posts
View Gallery

Factory suspended Z8420

Sulo2fan
Re: School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65! « Reply #8 on: October 20, 2024, 01:43:26 AM » Author: Baked bagel 11
A mobile museum!

An Aussie collector of the street lights of the world.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65! « Reply #9 on: October 20, 2024, 07:04:03 AM » Author: Cole D.
I don’t remember my county ever using the Freightliners, although I believe Polk County does, I’ve seen them here in the past coming over from other areas, for sporting events and such.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65! « Reply #10 on: October 21, 2024, 07:11:42 PM » Author: suzukir122
The school bus can be rather cool. I was a fan of school buses back when I was a kid, compared to now, but I do still think they're cool.
Some of those buses can be rather quick, as I found out when I was a kid (2003), due to my school bus driver being a bit reckless at times when
driving. That particular bus was a Blue Bird flat face version, turbo diesel.
I've also been on the old school International school buses, and the Freightliners. Huge difference in performance between the Freightliners and
the old school Internationals. Definitely different engines as well from what I could hear. The Freightliners were definitely Cummins turbo diesel, much
like the Blue Bird, but I'm not sure what engines those older International school buses had.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65! « Reply #11 on: October 21, 2024, 07:35:47 PM » Author: Cole D.
Did the bus driver ever play the radio on the bus? I remember sometimes the bus driver would turn it on when we went in field trips, but not usually. I didn’t ride the school bus much though.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Emersyn

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65! « Reply #12 on: October 21, 2024, 07:47:29 PM » Author: Emersyn
Indeed that would be cool some day-

I don't know very much about the actual mechanical parts of the bus, but seeing activity bus Freighterliners are cool.

Often activity buses have high numbers usually in the 8000s, though I did se a 7600s activity bus before...

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: School Buses... The Freightliner FS-65! « Reply #13 on: October 21, 2024, 09:16:45 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Cole D., the bus driver at the high school I went to here in Ohio (newer International school buses at that school) played the radio, so we
were forced to listen to radio shows and explicit music... and radio shows that created explicit music.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies