Author Topic: Asus Tinker Board issues  (Read 412 times)
Mr Lamp

View Posts
View Gallery

UC4cgSO7ARvVgpX4tpKegf5w
Asus Tinker Board issues « on: October 14, 2024, 05:24:20 AM » Author: Mr Lamp
I have an Asus Tinker Board REV. 1.2 that I got back in 2017. It has always had some extremely weird issues, mostly with the display output.

So, the issue is that sometimes, very rarely though, the display suddenly got very glitchy. I mean, the picture is no longer there, just something random. Let me explain: Sometimes the display had small white dots with black background, sometimes it went completely yellow or green with "egg-crate" pattern, always some parts are moving/blinking. It's very hard to explain. At least the sounds seemed to remain if I remember correctly. But it always fixed itself after turning off the power completely.

I do have a video on my channel if anyone is interested, but it's very old and badly edited, but who cares.

But now, it won't turn on at all! Previously, the indicator lights went out right after display getting signal. After getting a new OS on the MicroSD, it went to a boot loop.

I'm getting rid of it anyways, but I'm just curious that what could have been the problem. It was in very hard use when I used it as a computer.

An autistic lamp & motorcycle enthusiast from Finland.

Favorite lamp types: fluorescent & HID.

LED as general lighting is boring!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Asus Tinker Board issues « Reply #1 on: October 14, 2024, 07:26:56 AM » Author: rjluna2
It could be that the memory module may be failing ???

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Asus Tinker Board issues « Reply #2 on: October 20, 2024, 01:58:23 PM » Author: marcopete87
Have you tried some old distro of armbian?
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies