Author Topic: Can mercury free HPS lamps cycle?  (Read 2355 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Can mercury free HPS lamps cycle? « on: October 11, 2024, 06:51:43 AM » Author: dor123
In this video George turned on his Sylvania SHP-TS mercury free HPS lamp. However, the lamp cycles in this video, despite it don't have mercury.
Can really mercury free HPS lamp cycle at EOL? Or what can cause mercury free HPS lamp to cycle?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can mercury free HPS lamps cycle? « Reply #1 on: October 14, 2024, 12:03:21 PM » Author: dor123
@James?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can mercury free HPS lamps cycle? « Reply #2 on: October 19, 2024, 07:57:17 AM » Author: dor123
@James, @RRK, someone?

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can mercury free HPS lamps cycle? « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2024, 04:16:26 PM » Author: James
Normally not so soon as a regular HPS lamp.  But if they live long enough for the arc tube to become severely blackened and raise the sodium vapour pressure and lamp voltage, I cannot exclude that it might be possible.  Especially if combined with dips in the mains voltage.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can mercury free HPS lamps cycle? « Reply #4 on: October 20, 2024, 07:57:57 AM » Author: dor123
But the sodium is lost from the arctube as the lamp age. This is the cause of regular HPS lamps to become redder during life. Not?

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies