Author Topic: Is this the end of the mailing of lamps in the USA?  (Read 499 times)
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery

120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Is this the end of the mailing of lamps in the USA? « on: October 03, 2024, 08:39:02 PM » Author: LampLover
Is this the end of the practice of mailing lamps to one another in the USA?
I assume this was always the case? At-least with the USPS
However they seem to be getting more strict with all of HID and fluorescent lamp bans in many of the US states now

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

dudam001

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this the end of the mailing of lamps in the USA? « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2024, 08:51:41 PM » Author: dudam001
Hope this won’t become a thing worldwide  :(

Not a big fan of LED’s… (except for indicator purposes).

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this the end of the mailing of lamps in the USA? « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2024, 09:02:02 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 They've been saying that for awhile now . I just don't tell them . When they ask "Anything fragile , liquid , glass or containing mercury ?" I just say "Yes , glass. "

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Is this the end of the mailing of lamps in the USA? « Reply #3 on: October 05, 2024, 01:25:34 PM » Author: Foxtronix
I would be curious to know the "threshold" amount from a legal point of view. Most lamps use a quantity of mercury that is, on an absolute scale, tiny. The examples given are mostly of devices using a bunch to a monstrous amount of it.

The event of say a mercury barometer breaking is a catastrophic scenario, from both health and environmental perspectives.

Then you realize someone on YouTube made a video on running a toilet on mercury...  :poof:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies