Author Topic: Problem with my router backup battery  (Read 411 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Problem with my router backup battery « on: September 28, 2024, 01:02:20 PM » Author: dor123
Between 4:00-5:00 early in the morning, there was a strong power interruption at Kiryat Ata, and my surge protector, where my UPS and my router with its backup battery connected to, entered a 4 min delay.
As a result, my router operated from the battery for 4 mins before returning to the mains power.
Since it in a constant charging even now when I writing this thread?
What this is happening?
Picture of the backup battery in the attachment.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Problem with my router backup battery « Reply #1 on: September 29, 2024, 11:32:42 AM » Author: Medved
What the manual says about mains interruptions and operation from the battery? Maybe the explanation may be there.
What came to my mind is an intention to prevent damage when the mains is erratic and unstable, as a result of e.g. some i termittent contact somewhere.
So it better disconnects the power at first moment it senses something bad with it and reconnect back when it sees it being decentfor a given amount of time, so when it is more certain the cause was not something that may destroy it.
Even when there is no relay disconnecting anything, just shutting down a typical flyback SMPS makes it to survive nearly 2x hogher overvoltages (so include e.g. Neutral loss) compare to when it is running under load. And that could be easily done by backfeeding the power supply from the battery (the elevated voltage will be sensed by the regulation electronics, which would treat it as too much power delivered, so then shuts the convertor down), even when the SMPS is external to the router and feding by just two conductor cable.

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Problem with my router backup battery « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2024, 12:37:16 AM » Author: dor123
There is no such information about this inside the manual.
The battery is connected to my surge protector to provide additional protection against voltage spike when the power restored and power dips, as well as low and high mains voltage.
The battery voltage is 12V and it somewhat heavy to hold.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies