Author Topic: Which halides the EYE MTD70SDW-7S/3500K MH lamp contains  (Read 774 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Which halides the EYE MTD70SDW-7S/3500K MH lamp contains « on: September 24, 2024, 08:50:56 AM » Author: dor123
It manages to reach 3500K without sodium iodide. Only rare-earths and thallium. I know it have dysprosium and thallium, but it must have other rare-earth as there are lines in the red, orange and green that don't exists in the spectrum of the Osram HQI-BT 400W/D and the vapor itself afterglowing when turning the lamp off.
Here is the spectrum: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-245044

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which halides the EYE MTD70SDW-7S/3500K MH lamp contains « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2024, 09:21:53 AM » Author: dor123
@Globe Collector?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: Which halides the EYE MTD70SDW-7S/3500K MH lamp contains « Reply #2 on: September 24, 2024, 02:48:56 PM » Author: RRK
What is interesting, these Iwasaki lamps (both 3000K and 3500K warm colortemps) again are having that dense red-brown vapor in the hot burner, and long green-yellow afterglow, in common with Chinese 'pink' MH and old-school tin-based lamps.

One thing to note, earlier warm Iwasaki lamps had an extra iridescent dichroic filter, to make the light of rare-earth mix warmer, but later incarnations disposed of this filter, said to have some modified chemistry. That brown wapor working as an internal warming filter? Still a mystery, what is it!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which halides the EYE MTD70SDW-7S/3500K MH lamp contains « Reply #3 on: September 25, 2024, 12:42:11 AM » Author: dor123
Max said at the time that it is the thallium that causes this. However, judging by the spectrum of my lamp, the thallium line is too narrow to absorb the blue part of the spectrum that much, and to afterglow like that.

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: Which halides the EYE MTD70SDW-7S/3500K MH lamp contains « Reply #4 on: September 25, 2024, 02:10:39 PM » Author: RRK
But thallium iodide vapor is colorless or near colorless at densities typical for MH lamps, and does not have any noticeable long afterglow.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which halides the EYE MTD70SDW-7S/3500K MH lamp contains « Reply #5 on: September 26, 2024, 04:09:17 AM » Author: dor123
If you turn off a green thallium lamp, you would see a yellow vapor inside the arctube at an illuminated room.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2024, 05:04:13 AM by dor123 » Logged

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: Which halides the EYE MTD70SDW-7S/3500K MH lamp contains « Reply #6 on: September 26, 2024, 02:54:09 PM » Author: RRK
But it is just slightly yellow, no comparison with dark brown vapor in afterglow-y lamps. Also, pink lamps can not have thallium fill by definition, but too show that brown vapor.

Here is a spectrum of the afterglow I captured from Iwasaki lamp. Ignore some unevenness, and a peak at far right, it is an artifact of CCD dark current in the spectrometer, cause illumination level is *very* low. Looks mostly thermal, but with some tail into yellow.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which halides the EYE MTD70SDW-7S/3500K MH lamp contains « Reply #7 on: September 27, 2024, 10:07:38 AM » Author: dor123
You have the same 3500K rare-earths as me and Frontsidebus?
P.S. @Globe Collector and @James: Can you analyze the spectrum of the vapour afterglow that RRK captured? It is also from an Iwasaki lamp.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2024, 10:45:19 AM by dor123 » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies