Author Topic: Can you run a 26w sox-e on a 91w sox-e ignitor?  (Read 603 times)
Vailed_Crown

View Posts
View Gallery

Can you run a 26w sox-e on a 91w sox-e ignitor? « on: September 22, 2024, 04:37:11 PM » Author: Vailed_Crown
hello everyone, i recently got a 26w sox-e lamp but i don't have a specific igniter. since igniters of this wattage are hard to find online i would like to know if i can use a 91w sox-e igniter. what could happen if i used it? would the lamp break at the first start up? thanks  :lps:
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can you run a 26w sox-e on a 91w sox-e ignitor? « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2024, 02:38:40 AM » Author: Medved
The ignitor won't break the lamp, it would either not work at all (ignitor counting on higher ballast OCV) or if something get damaged, it will be the ignitor (not recognizing the lamp has started and firing continuously, wearing out or overheating).

Given the operating voltages (if I remember well, the 90W is one of the highest arc voltage, so hardest to start SOX, which may ask for higher OCV ballast and the ignitor design may count on it), the second is not that likely.

But generally even when it will appear working, the system may be pretty unreliable (failure to start, even when all components perfectly OK per their individual specs).

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies