Author Topic: Collecting Streetlights  (Read 857 times)
thornbeta79

View Posts
View Gallery

"Better retrofitted than replaced!"

Collecting Streetlights « on: September 21, 2024, 05:47:41 PM » Author: thornbeta79
So I’ve recently collected my first ever lantern a few weeks ago and I’m thinking to save even more. However, saving a lantern nowadays seems to be a complete gamble (especially with the rate of LED replacements happening around my borough recently). I’m thinking to contact the contractor that manages the lighting around my borough for a depot tour so I can save some, since I heard it’s a good way to save lanterns.
The lantern I’m looking to save is a Beta 79, as it’s my signature childhood lantern, although I’m planning to save others too.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2024, 05:52:14 PM by thornbeta79 » Logged

-  A lighting collector and photographer.

Pronouns: he/him/his

Milwaukeeman2003

View Posts
View Gallery

SRX

Fat Squidward Milwaukeeman2003
Re: Collecting Streetlights « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2024, 08:54:35 PM » Author: Milwaukeeman2003
Good luck! I hope you’re able to save as many as possible.

Screw the 2028 120 lumen per watt mandate and DeviantArt! Love old cars, cassette tapes, radios, severe weather and most of all, lighting!

thornbeta79

View Posts
View Gallery

"Better retrofitted than replaced!"

Re: Collecting Streetlights « Reply #2 on: September 21, 2024, 09:58:37 PM » Author: thornbeta79
Thank you!  :bulbman:

-  A lighting collector and photographer.

Pronouns: he/him/his

Baked bagel 11

View Posts
View Gallery

Factory suspended Z8420

Sulo2fan
Re: Collecting Streetlights « Reply #3 on: September 22, 2024, 07:19:19 AM » Author: Baked bagel 11
I would try to send emails to council too. Good luck BTW.  :D

An Aussie collector of the street lights of the world.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies