Author Topic: F25T12/CW/48 Preheat reduced wattage would this work on 120v?  (Read 717 times)
F40

View Posts
View Gallery

F25T12/CW/48 Preheat reduced wattage would this work on 120v? « on: September 20, 2024, 11:58:02 PM » Author: F40
I just had this random thought. Would it be possible for them to make an F25T12 in a 48 inch length that is used on a ballast for the appliance F25T12 as a reduced wattage variant for the F40T12 for preheat that is made for 120v? If so, what starter would it require?
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: F25T12/CW/48 Preheat reduced wattage would this work on 120v? « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2024, 12:43:24 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am pretty sure it would also require an FS4 starter as well due to the similar arc voltage drop. From what I am aware of, the 48” F25T12 lamps designed for rapid start ballasts supposedly work just as good on F40 preheat ballasts with FS4 starters although lamp life would be short due to the weak electrodes.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F25T12/CW/48 Preheat reduced wattage would this work on 120v? « Reply #2 on: September 23, 2024, 09:41:02 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Would thinner electrodes facilitate easier starting with an FS-2?
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: F25T12/CW/48 Preheat reduced wattage would this work on 120v? « Reply #3 on: September 23, 2024, 10:24:15 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I do not think that is necessarily the case since I believe that the tube may still flicker like EOL even with a FS2 starter since I think the tube’s arc voltage drop is responsible for causing the starter to get retriggered.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies