Author Topic: Why LED street lights are bad  (Read 619 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Why LED street lights are bad « Reply #15 on: September 17, 2024, 09:51:53 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Unfortunately the west is obsessed with net zero by 2050! 😖, so this was inevitable!
I think some trials of Thorns Isaro Pro are needed for you guys in the US? 😎

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 56,654 hrs @ 14/9/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Why LED street lights are bad « Reply #16 on: September 18, 2024, 12:55:06 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
So far, I have read that Japan did ban mercury vapor lamps, but Japanese mercury vapor ballasts seem to still be made by Iwasaki even today specifically for metal halide and high pressure sodium retrofit lamps that are designed to run on the old mercury vapor ballasts.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Streetlightsandlamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why LED street lights are bad « Reply #17 on: September 18, 2024, 01:49:47 AM » Author: Streetlightsandlamps
Unfortunately the west is obsessed with net zero by 2050! 😖, so this was inevitable!
I think some trials of Thorns Isaro Pro are needed for you guys in the US? 😎
Yeah, I think the US needs lanterns like thorn isaro pros and DW windsor kirium ecos.

Sox is the best
LED is the worst

If you would like to see my website, here is the link: https://free-5267354.webadorsite.com/

Streetlightsandlamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why LED street lights are bad « Reply #18 on: September 18, 2024, 01:53:03 AM » Author: Streetlightsandlamps
So far, I have read that Japan did ban mercury vapor lamps, but Japanese mercury vapor ballasts seem to still be made by Iwasaki even today specifically for metal halide and high pressure sodium retrofit lamps that are designed to run on the old mercury vapor ballasts.
That’s nice that they still make mercury vapour ballasts in Japan!😀
It is sad that they don’t really make mercury ballasts in other countries, but at least they still make them in Japan.

Sox is the best
LED is the worst

If you would like to see my website, here is the link: https://free-5267354.webadorsite.com/

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies