Author Topic: Barnet resident wins court case forcing removal of led street lights  (Read 673 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Barnet resident wins court case forcing removal of led street lights « on: September 12, 2024, 05:38:16 AM » Author: dor123
https://www.localgov.co.uk/Legal-challenge-prompts-council-to-install-new-LED-bulbs-/60229
https://www.gbnews.com/news/woman-forced-council-to-replace-led-streetlights
https://www.times-series.co.uk/news/23473250.woman-takes-barnet-council-court-led-street-lights/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13324045/woman-light-sensitivity-council-dim-LED-streetlights.html
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 06:01:57 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Milwaukeeman2003

View Posts
View Gallery

SRX

Fat Squidward Milwaukeeman2003
Re: Barnet resident wins court case forcing removal of led street lights « Reply #1 on: September 12, 2024, 12:07:07 PM » Author: Milwaukeeman2003
Wow! I am glad to hear that someone took action instead of trying to work around it.

Screw the 2028 120 lumen per watt mandate and DeviantArt! Love old cars, cassette tapes, radios, severe weather and most of all, lighting!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Barnet resident wins court case forcing removal of led street lights « Reply #2 on: September 12, 2024, 12:33:02 PM » Author: Medved
What I despise most with those cases against big organiyations (both "private", as well as government) is mainly when they loose the case, the tendency to force the winning small sides into "confidentiality agreements" or similar. Even requesting anything close to that from the "larger side" should be treated as a sign of bad faith...

No more selfballasted c***

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Barnet resident wins court case forcing removal of led street lights « Reply #3 on: September 13, 2024, 06:53:47 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
How selfish and petty do you have to be to force an entire council to replace LED street lights they spent millions on? She couldn't even bother to buy blackout curtains??  :poof: Disgusting. ::)

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

**If anyone wants to learn more about any company or product you've never heard of before, do please leave a comment saying so on one of my gallery pictures or by PM, and I'd be happy to give a thorough explanation.**

Milwaukeeman2003

View Posts
View Gallery

SRX

Fat Squidward Milwaukeeman2003
Re: Barnet resident wins court case forcing removal of led street lights « Reply #4 on: September 13, 2024, 07:16:06 PM » Author: Milwaukeeman2003
How selfish and petty do you have to be to force an entire council to replace LED street lights they spent millions on? She couldn't even bother to buy blackout curtains??  :poof: Disgusting. ::)
True. But they agreed to only do it on her street so it isn’t that bad.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2024, 07:31:10 PM by Milwaukeeman2003 » Logged

Screw the 2028 120 lumen per watt mandate and DeviantArt! Love old cars, cassette tapes, radios, severe weather and most of all, lighting!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Barnet resident wins court case forcing removal of led street lights « Reply #5 on: September 14, 2024, 12:03:24 AM » Author: joseph_125
To be fair, depending on the size of street they are on, 3000K might have been a better compromise instead of the original 4000K or 5000K, especially on a quiet residental street or a park.

My area seems to have moved away from the 4000K and 5000K LED streetlights that were used during the initial installs in the mid 2010s, instead most newer installs and spot replacements are 3000K.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies