Author Topic: Fulham WH7 help on VHOT12  (Read 915 times)
MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Fulham WH7 help on VHOT12 « on: September 06, 2024, 05:37:48 PM » Author: MikeT1982
Hey guys, I’m curious about the WH7. The diagram on their website states using three of the red wires not all four. What would happen if you ran all four. I read that the bulb will go brighter and be overdriven but is a VHO tube resilient enough to take it and benefit from that increase or would it be a bad idea. Asking for a retro light hood on saltwater tanks for a friend. Someone said they tried the different wires and each additional red wire resulted in an increase and brightness. I believe I read that on this for him. But I have no power readings or idea of the negative effects. Just to take it up that one extra step since it’s available. That’s my thought process, but it might be very bad thought processes lol!

As always, thanks to the brilliant minds here!

Mike
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Fulham WH7 help on VHOT12 « Reply #1 on: September 09, 2024, 10:06:22 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Using all 4 reds will simply make it a bit brighter / may overdrive the lamp some.
Allot of electronic VHO ballasts intentionally underdrive the lamps anyway so it might even end up being close to normal (not sure on the WH7, I've never tried running a VHO with mine)
Overdriving a little bit won't hurt, but you don't want to go much above.

It would be interesting to do some tests with this & see how much power each output/red-wire adds...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies