Author Topic: Eye Iwasaki HPMV lamp date codes  (Read 1053 times)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Eye Iwasaki HPMV lamp date codes « on: August 29, 2024, 02:37:32 AM » Author: Michael
Hi all,

I just received a full box of new old stock EYE H125 PD-H lamps. I‘m wondering about their age. The date code is 99D. Could it be April 1999?

There is already the CE mark on the bulb.

Thank’s
LightBulbFun

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Eye Iwasaki HPMV lamp date codes « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2024, 11:15:58 AM » Author: LightBulbFun
Nice find on the box of Eye mercury lamps! -H I think signifies hard glass too which is nice :)

as I understand Iwasaki datecodes, indeed they are pretty simple like that where the 2 digit number is the year and the letter is the month, so April 1999 indeed :)

My other hobby is buses, especially the Routemaster (formerly Bulb Freak)

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Eye Iwasaki HPMV lamp date codes « Reply #2 on: August 30, 2024, 12:10:24 AM » Author: Michael
Thanks.  ;)

So that means that these bulbs with /H will be suitable for open bowl less street light fixtures. Which means that the bulb will not crackle in wet/ snowy conditions like it does sometimes with soft glass 125W lamps.
LightBulbFun

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Eye Iwasaki HPMV lamp date codes « Reply #3 on: September 05, 2024, 01:00:06 PM » Author: LightBulbFun
Thanks.  ;)

So that means that these bulbs with /H will be suitable for open bowl less street light fixtures. Which means that the bulb will not crackle in wet/ snowy conditions like it does sometimes with soft glass 125W lamps.

Yes I belive so :) if you want you can verify the glass composition by looking at the glass to metal seals, if its a bright red colour (and also noticeably thinner then the wire either side of it) then its a soft-glass duemet wire seal, but if its a hard glass bulb it will have a thicker-tungsten wire seal which often looks black to yellow in colour, you can see a good comparison in this upload hard glass on the left, soft glass on the right :)

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-198547

My other hobby is buses, especially the Routemaster (formerly Bulb Freak)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies