Author Topic: UFO/lights in the sky?  (Read 887 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
UFO/lights in the sky? « on: August 25, 2024, 03:45:47 PM » Author: Cole D.
Has anyone see odd lights in sky?

I got up to go to bathroom, somewhere around 1-1:30 this morning. I happened to look out my back window.

There was a bright white/yellow light visible to the north/northwest that I noticed. And it was stunningly bright. Bright enough to have a clear reflection off the water. It just stayed in one place for a minute or two and I kept looking at it.

Suddenly, it slowly started moving toward the east. At that point it changed to a green color, then red and back to green. And it started speeding up as it was moving. I don’t think it ever changed back to white/yellow once it was moving. It got quite fast and kept moving east and I guess disappeared behind trees and I couldn’t see it at that point.

I thought it was odd. And I have seen similar colored lights before, but this one behaved differently. I don’t think an airplane would have behaved in fashion like this. I did not go outside, but I didn’t hear any noise at all from the window.

I can’t guess how close the light was, but it seemed to me to be quite far away.

Has anyone had this kind of sighting?

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: UFO/lights in the sky? « Reply #1 on: August 26, 2024, 03:32:21 AM » Author: Medved
Dunno where exactly you observed it, but recently a huge solar corona mass ejection was reaching Earth, causing unusual auroras, strong and very far away (for an aurora) from poles.

No more selfballasted c***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: UFO/lights in the sky? « Reply #2 on: August 26, 2024, 04:30:54 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I remember years ago coming home under a clear sky seeing 3 orange lights very very high up moving under the stars, this was about 10 at night, and other people had seen this too as they were out of their cars pointing at them!
I was told a few days after they were just satellites!
Now as far as I know satellites don’t fly over the earth in 3s, or in formation??

I’m a huge fan of other worldly sightings, and Mr Blacks YouTube channel Beyond Creepy, but these 3 orange lights are the nearest I’ve ever come to seeing UFOs?
My old school mate has had something with lights on fly right above his car one night, both witnessed by him and his girlfriend, (sadly I wasn’t with him at the time), but he contacted another mate that deeply follows these things, who then contacted our local radio telescope and observatory who told him they had indeed picked up and tracked something in the area that night but couldn’t identify what it actually was?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2024, 04:35:08 AM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 56,654 hrs @ 14/9/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: UFO/lights in the sky? « Reply #3 on: August 26, 2024, 09:36:44 AM » Author: Medved
Space X Starlink satellites are in fact launched in formations, a bunch of units to be operated on essentially the same orbit are ejected from the main rocket in a kind of "trains" (like this), then after they are freed they are maneuvered so they spread along the orbit into positions they are supposed to work.
Starlink is rather extreme, their "trains" count between 10..30 units, but many other launches of small satellites use similar concept, just with fewer units.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: UFO/lights in the sky? « Reply #4 on: August 26, 2024, 03:45:55 PM » Author: AngryHorse
As I remember it, they were moving slowly, (which does indeed suggest satellites), but these were not in a straight line, they were moving in a similar shape like the 3 stars in Orion’s Belt!
Oddly enough, there are loads of stories in Beyond Creepy where people who have seen things described exactly what Cole saw!, a white/yellow light that changes colour as it starts to move!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2024, 03:48:44 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 56,654 hrs @ 14/9/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: UFO/lights in the sky? « Reply #5 on: August 27, 2024, 04:09:42 AM » Author: Medved
It could have been also reflection from solar panels from some group of satellites which started together but are supposed to drift apart to nearby but still different orbits but did not get that far from each other yet...
Seeing solar reflection from panels is rare (because it is in very narrow angle and usually directed back towards the sun), but perfectly possible, mainly just at the moment when the satellite is about to enter into Earth's shadow - then is higher chance the reflection will go back to ground and also at the time when there is already dark on the ground...

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies