Author Topic: Current has another new light, the ERNM!  (Read 1034 times)
Baked bagel 11

View Posts
View Gallery

Factory suspended Z8420

Sulo2fan
Current has another new light, the ERNM! « on: August 23, 2024, 03:11:37 AM » Author: Baked bagel 11
This light has not been released yet, and but looking at the file name reveals the name ERNM. It can be seen at the top of this file. https://cdn.currentlighting.com/site/installationmanuals/EVO_ERNC_ERNM_inst.pdf
The body shape is similar to the ERL1/ERLH, except it is fitted with SMDs rather than COBs.

An Aussie collector of the street lights of the world.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Current has another new light, the ERNM! « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2024, 09:20:49 AM » Author: Econolite03
Hmm, looks like they’re trying to cheapen the design. Reminds me of what Leotek and Cooper had been doing.

Find Lighting + More | Visit my Gallery

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Current has another new light, the ERNM! « Reply #2 on: August 23, 2024, 11:45:44 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yeah they’re doing too much with the evolves. Seems like the knockoff SMD version, however I’m curious if these are better in terms of glare.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Current has another new light, the ERNM! « Reply #3 on: August 23, 2024, 02:30:33 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I mean they are Evolves after all lol. They have to keep changing.

Not a fan of the look IMO, but maybe I'm too used to the traditional ones. Maybe if I see some installed I'll warm up to them.
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Current has another new light, the ERNM! « Reply #4 on: August 23, 2024, 04:52:09 PM » Author: Molly
Looks like Current/GE is inspired by the Leotek toilet seats!

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Baked bagel 11

View Posts
View Gallery

Factory suspended Z8420

Sulo2fan
Re: Current has another new light, the ERNM! « Reply #5 on: August 23, 2024, 07:32:55 PM » Author: Baked bagel 11
The design is interesting and does appear to be cheaper. I would imagine that because of the SMDs, there would be less glare. It is also interesting that they have not fitted any kind of glass to cover the optics on the diodes, essentially throwing the previous erl1s selling point out the window. I am curious how the ERNM and ERNC will look on the marbellite poles.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Current has another new light, the ERNM! « Reply #6 on: August 24, 2024, 11:26:43 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I don't understand. They just released the ERL6 and ERLS. Maybe they're trying to make the more popular models less expensive and leaving the reflector optics to the higher wattage models. What's next, the ERNL?

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

**If anyone wants to learn more about any company or product you've never heard of before, do please leave a comment saying so on one of my gallery pictures or by PM, and I'd be happy to give a thorough explanation.**

Baked bagel 11

View Posts
View Gallery

Factory suspended Z8420

Sulo2fan
Re: Current has another new light, the ERNM! « Reply #7 on: August 26, 2024, 12:42:28 AM » Author: Baked bagel 11
Yeah, maybe. I would expect that the reflector COB optics would perform better than the SMD silicone optics. I would expect there to be an ERNL to cover the mid to high 100s wattages without using the (presumably) more expensive ERL6.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies