Author Topic: Wind machines at orchards/groves  (Read 551 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Wind machines at orchards/groves « on: August 18, 2024, 11:16:36 AM » Author: Cole D.
Does anyone see wind machines at orchards in your area?

I’ve seen quite a few of them around here in the orange orchards. There’s two just near my house, but they aren’t used anymore as the orange groves have stoped producing anything and the trees are mostly dead or removed.

A long time ago I hiked back to the closest wind machine, it seemed like a mile trek over sandy ground!

Anyway, I saw the engine of the wind machine is on the ground  and had 12v battery to start. I assume the drive shaft goes up through the post of the machine and to the propeller, which has two blades.

Another machine I’ve noticed at the orange grove on the highway nearby appears to be in poor condition, the propeller is gone, and the pole is rusted, I can’t tell from the foliage if he engine is still there, but I assume not. That one the pole is painted a yellow color and looks like it might have a ladder on the side to climb to the top.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies