Author Topic: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads  (Read 3251 times)
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « on: August 12, 2024, 12:20:56 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
The day has unfortunately finally come. Cooper has discontinued all HID cobraheads and even the OVH/OVF LED. The only HID still listed is the RMA and that will probably be marked discontinued soon. There are no longer any HID cobraheads being manufactured.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « Reply #1 on: August 12, 2024, 12:47:38 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I wonder if there are any other HID luminaires for the North American market still being made such as high bays or wall packs.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Milwaukeeman2003

View Posts
View Gallery

SRX

Fat Squidward Milwaukeeman2003
Re: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « Reply #2 on: August 12, 2024, 01:07:00 PM » Author: Milwaukeeman2003
No idea about high bays but Lithonia Lighting still makes HID wallpacks and Sentry Electric still makes HID roadway lights.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 01:16:49 PM by Milwaukeeman2003 » Logged

Screw the 2028 120 lumen per watt mandate and DeviantArt! Love old cars, cassette tapes, radios, severe weather and most of all, lighting!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

GE HM1000's

Re: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « Reply #3 on: August 12, 2024, 01:11:40 PM » Author: Burrito
Only time will tell before the street lights for sale on eBay go away now that no one makes HID anymore.

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « Reply #4 on: August 12, 2024, 02:19:55 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Aww man. I know a lot of people don't like Cooper's HID cobraheads, heck even I don't really like them, but that still sucks for me to hear. Bound to happen though. SCE was still installing the OVH, OVZ (standard), OVX (standard), and OVF as new group replacement/spot replacements for existing HPS lights, but I guess this year they decided to go all out on LED. Too bad there will no longer be anymore new HPS cobraheads in 2024. NEMAs are nonexistent here in California, though I know some small utilities/co-ops installed (I don't know if there any that still install) them.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « Reply #5 on: August 12, 2024, 05:28:30 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
A sad time for the roadway lighting industry. While I admittedly wasn't a fan of Cooper's HID fixtures, this still breaks my heart to hear. There were even still a very small number of utilities/municipalities around the country that were still installing brand new ones, too. I guess this marks the end of more than an era. 1957-2024 - 67 years of HID cobraheads.

:'(

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

**If anyone wants to learn more about any company or product you've never heard of before, do please leave a comment saying so on one of my gallery pictures or by PM, and I'd be happy to give a thorough explanation.**

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « Reply #6 on: August 12, 2024, 05:29:49 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
No idea about high bays but Lithonia Lighting still makes HID wallpacks and Sentry Electric still makes HID roadway lights.
Unfortunately, Lithonia Lighting no longer makes the TWH or the TWP.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

**If anyone wants to learn more about any company or product you've never heard of before, do please leave a comment saying so on one of my gallery pictures or by PM, and I'd be happy to give a thorough explanation.**

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « Reply #7 on: August 12, 2024, 06:19:23 PM » Author: Molly
I just looked at the Cooper OVZ page and it doesn't say that it's discontinued but there's gonna put it up really soon.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Baked bagel 11

View Posts
View Gallery

Factory suspended Z8420

Sulo2fan
Re: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « Reply #8 on: August 12, 2024, 06:57:20 PM » Author: Baked bagel 11
Went to the website 5 minutes ago, they are no longer listed.
real shame, albeit I am surprised as to how late this finally happened. There must have been one last major utility who decides to make the full switch to LED, meaning that it was more expensive to keep manufacturing the product. There will likely be some NIB examples scraped by cooper to make way for new models.

An Aussie collector of the street lights of the world.

CooperOVZ

View Posts
View Gallery

OVZ

Re: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « Reply #9 on: August 12, 2024, 08:44:08 PM » Author: CooperOVZ
What a shame....  :(

Greetings, I'm CooperOVZ. Since I was nine years old, I have had a broad interest in lighting.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « Reply #10 on: August 12, 2024, 08:57:36 PM » Author: Molly
OVZ officially discontinued today...

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

CooperOVZ15

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live HID NYC Cobraheads!

Re: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « Reply #11 on: August 12, 2024, 08:58:19 PM » Author: CooperOVZ15
I liked Cooper's Cobraheads, so this is quite sad to see. It was going to happen eventually though.

I upload about street lights in NYC that are owned by the DOT or others.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « Reply #12 on: August 12, 2024, 10:03:28 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
On Facebook, I have seen some possible evidence of the Lumec Helios cobraheads still being offered in HID as of now. I will also need to see if ISB Sola is still making HID cobraheads in Mexico.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « Reply #13 on: August 12, 2024, 10:10:19 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I just checked the 2024 ISB Sola Basic catalog and I see no mention of any HID cobraheads and other HID fixtures being discontinued. I think this means that there may still be some HID luminaires still being manufactured for the North American market, but they would not likely be sold in the USA, but in Mexico and other Central American countries possibly:

https://www.isbmex.com/files/pdf/cat_Iluminaci%C3%B3n.pdf

Pages 94-105 of the catalog mention the HID luminaire lineup in 2024. Take note of some of the GE luminaire clones, but the photos may not represent the actual luminaires being manufactured since they all appear to be stock photos.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 10:14:10 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Milwaukeeman2003

View Posts
View Gallery

SRX

Fat Squidward Milwaukeeman2003
Re: Cooper Lighting Discontinues HID Cobraheads « Reply #14 on: August 13, 2024, 12:34:49 AM » Author: Milwaukeeman2003
Unfortunately, Lithonia Lighting no longer makes the TWH or the TWP.
True, but they do still make the TWS and the TWR2.

Screw the 2028 120 lumen per watt mandate and DeviantArt! Love old cars, cassette tapes, radios, severe weather and most of all, lighting!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies