Author Topic: F15T12 Strip Fixtures  (Read 2320 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
F15T12 Strip Fixtures « on: August 02, 2024, 10:52:49 PM » Author: suzukir122
I'm looking for F15T12 strips that can fit brick shaped HPF Trigger Start ballasts. They seem to be hard to find, but I know that they're out there,
since I've seen them in use a long time ago. I would use them as undercabinet lighting in my kitchen, as part of my general apartment lighting upgrade.
(HO T12 fixtures in the living room as up lighting as well, hopefully soon.)

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Filament LEDs. Both a blessing and a curse.

Re: F15T12 Strip Fixtures « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2024, 08:42:25 PM » Author: Maxim
I have 3 F17T8 strip fittings...plus lamps.

The Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease, it's here. All ye, proceed with caution.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: F15T12 Strip Fixtures « Reply #2 on: August 04, 2024, 09:55:09 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Maxim, those are awesome and would definitely work well with my rare cold temp magnetic Trigger Start ballasts, but aren't those F17T8 lamps 2 footers?
If so, although that would work as my undercabinet lighting as well, I'm mainly looking for the F15T12/T8 fixtures, so that I could fit two of those fixtures in tandem over the kitchen sink... possibly. lol
I still have to measure it out to confirm though, but I'm sure two F15T12 fixtures could fit easily.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F15T12 Strip Fixtures « Reply #3 on: August 05, 2024, 01:37:47 AM » Author: High Intensity
I might be able to hook you up with a pair, as I have at least 5 1xF15T8/12 strips that should be able to fit a full size ballast in them.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: F15T12 Strip Fixtures « Reply #4 on: August 05, 2024, 01:46:15 AM » Author: suzukir122
 8) Heck yeah! Is there any way you could put them up for sale on Ebay? If so, I'll try and buy two of them for now, and then a couple more another time.
(unless someone else takes them of course.)
I'm sure you do but I'll ask anyways: do you have any pictures of them on LG?

Interests:

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Filament LEDs. Both a blessing and a curse.

Re: F15T12 Strip Fixtures « Reply #5 on: August 05, 2024, 10:35:28 AM » Author: Maxim
So, no interest in the F17s? Just want to know as I have them out right now and can send you photos, if you're interested. They are Progress Lighting strip fittings.

"Light up the shop or garage with this two foot, one light fluorescent strip light from Progress Lighting. With a 120 volt NPF electronic ballast, this fixture is Energy Star qualified, and will help save money without breaking the bank

Features:

Strip light120v NPF electronic ballastEnergy Star qualified

Specifications:

Width: 3Height: 3-1/8"Length: 24"Uses (1) 17w F17T8 (not included)
Total Wattage: 17"
« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 10:38:14 AM by Maxim » Logged

The Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease, it's here. All ye, proceed with caution.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: F15T12 Strip Fixtures « Reply #6 on: August 05, 2024, 11:29:26 AM » Author: joseph_125
Could also try these undercabinet fixtures as well. They're F15 and they're not as bulky hanging under a cabinet compared to conventional strip lights.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334003854242

Apparently they come with HPF ballasts.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F15T12 Strip Fixtures « Reply #7 on: August 05, 2024, 05:08:43 PM » Author: High Intensity
I do want to keep at least a couple for myself, but I'll happily sell/trade a pair of them. I don't have any photos of them, but I can take some. I'm also not used to selling stuff through eBay.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: F15T12 Strip Fixtures « Reply #8 on: August 06, 2024, 07:50:53 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Maxim, as much as I hate to say it, it's a no go for me, and I say that respectfully! 8) I'm looking for two 18" fixtures for now, and the ballast must be
Trigger Start, HPF and magnetic. I've already got some pretty awesome and rare cold temp HPF magnetic Trigger Start ballasts ready to go in the strip
fixtures... but... @joseph_125 just found a very serious score that could change the game for me in terms of this. This is a really tough call.
Apparently those single lamp undercabinet fixtures already have HPF Trigger Start ballasts in them... HPF and full power at 0.28amps.
But I'm not sure if those undercabinet fixtures could fit T12 lamps. Can they?
Even if I go with those fixtures, I'd still would want to get a couple strip fixtures, @High Intensity.
I have got WAAAYYY too many HPF Trigger Start ballasts that aren't being used right now.

Interests:

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F15T12 Strip Fixtures « Reply #9 on: August 06, 2024, 09:59:33 PM » Author: sol
Some under cabinet fluorescent fixtures are thick enough to accommodate T12 lamps. I have some in my kitchen although they are 24 inches.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: F15T12 Strip Fixtures « Reply #10 on: August 06, 2024, 10:46:03 PM » Author: suzukir122
I've always wondered about that, although I have seen F30T12 single lamp undercabinet fixtures recently... including in person, at my friends house.
(Not sure if it's an F30T12, but the length definitely seems like 3ft, and it is definitely T12 with no lens or cover.)
Either way though, I'm still interested in those undercabinet fixtures @joseph_125 just linked to.
I've got one F15T8 lamp (GE) that I bought a while ago from Dollar General. I want to hopefully put that lamp to use as well.

Interests:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: F15T12 Strip Fixtures « Reply #11 on: August 07, 2024, 12:16:27 AM » Author: joseph_125
I'm not sure about the ones I linked, it looks like you can fit T12s in without the diffuser fitted for sure but hard to tell from the pictures with the diffuser. It does look thicker than a T8 only model though and the spacing of the ballast mounting screws does suggest a full size magnetic HPF ballast inside.

I have a 2ft undercabinet fixture that fits T12s and I had a F30T12 one as well so T12 undercabinet fixtures do exist. I wonder if someone ever made a slimline one though...technically it's possible with F46T6 lamps. HO might work too if you remote mount the ballast.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: F15T12 Strip Fixtures « Reply #12 on: August 07, 2024, 01:04:38 AM » Author: suzukir122
@joseph_125, I'm thinking the same. The mounting screws are far enough for a HPF Trigger Start ballast, and the 0.28amps pretty much gives it away.
That is very uncommon and it makes me wonder if those undercabinet fixtures were meant for public offices ... or maybe public cubicles with cabinets.
I'd be surprised if they were for resident use. If I get those undercabinet fixtures, I'd install my cold temp ballasts in them, and certainly keep
the trigger start ballasts that came with those fixtures.
I can't buy those fixtures now though, unfortunately. But I will soon!

Interests:

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F15T12 Strip Fixtures « Reply #13 on: August 07, 2024, 07:23:10 AM » Author: sol
Mine were LPF rapid start, but I converted them to preheat because I wanted to use European spec F18W T8 lamps. I don't rule out a return to T12, however, and it would be a drop in replacement, too.

I have some F15T8 under cabinet that do take T12 lamps, however, like joseph125 mentioned, the diffuser doesn't fit.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: F15T12 Strip Fixtures « Reply #14 on: August 07, 2024, 08:21:55 AM » Author: suzukir122
I don't have any F15T12 lamps... very unfortunate because there was a point in time when I had a good amount of them. (Around 2017-2019)
Of course though, I'll be buying F15T12 lamps soon as well, and I'll test them to see if they fit. It's very likely that I'll be using T8 lamps though,
at least for the undercabinet fixtures.
I should also mention that I do have one F14T12 lamp, from GE. It's of the newer style, made in China, but no filament shield guards. If there were
a tiny strip fixture that could fit F14T12 lamps and HPF Trigger Start ballasts, I'd get one of those as well.
Not confident about that lamp on a HPF Trigger Start ballast though... I'm willing to bet that lamp would not last long at all... those filaments in
that lamp are very tiny/short.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies