Author Topic: What light do you want most?  (Read 3825 times)
lightinggalleryuser33450

View Posts
View Gallery

What light do you want most? « on: August 02, 2024, 08:10:50 PM » Author: lightinggalleryuser33450
I was just wondering, what is a singe light bulb, fixture, etc, that you want most but don't have?
Lurry

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light do you want most? « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2024, 11:43:47 PM » Author: Lurry
/X, /Y, Rectified Fluorescent, any Amplex MV are my top 4.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2024, 11:53:17 PM by Lurry » Logged
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What light do you want most? « Reply #2 on: August 03, 2024, 07:28:06 AM » Author: suzukir122
This one is easy... I want 6 footer High Output lamps, fixtures, and full power HO magnetic ballasts... but my ultimate of all time in terms
of want is definitely the VHO 215w lamps and fixtures... strip fixtures if there are such a thing, for those massive VHO magnetic ballasts.
Energy saver VHO T12 8 footer lamps as well.
The reason why I won't even think about ever obtaining VHO 215w fixtures and ballasts is simply because of the power consumption behind them,
and I refuse to collect lamps and fixtures that I won't use.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What light do you want most? « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2024, 04:08:09 PM » Author: Cole D.
Probably a 400 watt GE Powr/Bracket with the extra large UFO refractor. But, I don’t know where I’d store it let alone use it if I never end up with a house.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

GE HM1000's

Re: What light do you want most? « Reply #4 on: August 03, 2024, 05:10:19 PM » Author: Burrito
Some F48PG17/D, F96PG17/D lamps, some VHO/HO strip lights, an Advance Ad-Lite ballast, GE HM1000's and a GE M400A, Whiteway gas station fluorescent fixture, Jet-Phillips products, GE Power Bracket, F90T17/CG lamps, F90T17/D lamps, and some drop dish lens canopy lights.

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: What light do you want most? « Reply #5 on: August 04, 2024, 10:45:33 AM » Author: RRK
CDM fresh metal halide, yellow BLV metal halide, may be some historical medium pressure mercury, beginning of 1900's bare arc street lamp may be fun!
LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What light do you want most? « Reply #6 on: August 04, 2024, 01:43:59 PM » Author: LightsAreBright27
I would like short length (40w and below) vintage coloured fluorescents, with old designer fixtures. In India we only had boring strip lights or battens.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
One of the only Indian members here!
245v 50Hz

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What light do you want most? « Reply #7 on: August 04, 2024, 03:24:11 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
A LPS street light of any kind.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

**If anyone wants to learn more about any company or product you've never heard of before, do please leave a comment saying so on one of my gallery pictures or by PM, and I'd be happy to give a thorough explanation.**

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: What light do you want most? « Reply #8 on: August 04, 2024, 09:29:41 PM » Author: RRK
And yep, some advanced LPS lamp, too, like figural cross-section linear one! Unfortunately, these are complete b&%$# to send, so no way for me, until I could bring one in person somewhat from UK or Europe :(

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Filament LEDs. Both a blessing and a curse.

Re: What light do you want most? « Reply #9 on: August 11, 2024, 12:52:06 AM » Author: Maxim
A L-M Unistyle 175 that's not 240V (and if I can, an OV-15 that I don't need a step-up transformer for), an LPS streetlight (shipping from Cali to PA is astronomically expensive, as I'd be classified as Zone 8, so Francis is not an option), a set of F96T12/D and /CW lamps that aren't EOL, and more induction lamps (something less consumer-grade, like an Icetron or the fixture FOR an Icetron, like a US Tech Lighting Jersey luminaire). Also, more mercury vapor yard lights / ballasts couldn't hurt...

The Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease, it's here. All ye, proceed with caution.

LightbulbManiac

View Posts
View Gallery

LightbulbManiac

GoL
Re: What light do you want most? « Reply #10 on: September 11, 2024, 07:38:56 AM » Author: LightbulbManiac
I would love to add a fluorescent tube  :a_fluor: or a neon lamp :ff: made in Greece to my collection...

If you want to see bulbs made in Greece check my Gallery.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light do you want most? « Reply #11 on: September 11, 2024, 10:37:52 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Any of the 1000w MV clamshells .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What light do you want most? « Reply #12 on: September 19, 2024, 05:46:52 AM » Author: Econolite03
GE M-1000, any generation, with or without original ballast.

Find Lighting + More | Visit my Gallery

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: What light do you want most? « Reply #13 on: September 19, 2024, 09:18:32 PM » Author: Foxtronix
The one type I would still like to get is an ancient arc lamp, especially one of those so-called "metallic flame" arc lamps, which used special metallic electrodes to produce a bluish-white light much like today's daylight fluorescents.

Now such lamps are DC-only, but even the traditional arc lamps made for AC were often designed for 133Hz operation instead of 60, something to be careful about!

A nice compromise would be a homemade contraption that runs well enough. I tried to build one years ago, but the lack of a good idea for a base structure made the project rather overwhelming for the teen that I still was back then. 31 year-old-me however has saved the mechanism from an old CD drive to be used as the core of the lamp! All I need now is a device that can function as a dashpot LOL.

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light do you want most? « Reply #14 on: September 20, 2024, 09:26:28 AM » Author: Laurens
There are a few.

- 10w T12 halophosphate fluorescent, those really thick short ones.
- Those super long (80w?) T12 tubes.
- The earliest color corrected MV lamps with the cadmium phosphor
- The early medium pressure MV lamps, Siemens Sieray or MAT-V? I forgot the name.
- SON Comfort HPS with better color rendering (already have an SDW-T)
- Mercury free SON, to get the 'clean' spectrum of a high pressure sodium lamp and see how much blue and green the tiny bit of Hg adds to a standard SON.
- "The" Cooper-Hewitt lamp. They scare me to death with their giant bulb of boiling mercury, but are also beautiful pieces of engineering.

If you're in Europe, and have any of these for sale, let me know :)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies