Author Topic: Why are Japan’s MH retrofit lamps for MV gear incompatible with CWA gear?  (Read 549 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Why are Japan’s MH retrofit lamps for MV gear incompatible with CWA gear? « on: July 29, 2024, 03:22:53 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After knowing that Japan has an impressive selection of HID retrofit lamps designed for mercury vapor ballasts that range from high pressure sodium lamps, deluxe high pressure sodium lamps, quartz metal halide lamps, and ceramic metal halide lamps; I have known that even the quartz metal halide retrofit lamps and ceramic metal halide retrofit lamps are said to be incompatible with CWA ballasts. I understand that the reason that most high pressure sodium retrofit lamps for mercury vapor ballasts are incompatible with CWA ballasts is because of the fact that as they age, their arc voltage drops gradually rise, which causes those lamps to draw too much power on CWA ballasts. However, I do not understand why even Japan’s quartz metal halide retrofit lamps and ceramic metal halide retrofit lamps for mercury vapor ballasts are said to be incompatible with CWA ballasts.

Here is the source where I found this information:

https://www.akaricenter.com/mame/national_annteiki.htm

Since it is all in Japanese, I recommend using a translator app if you don’t speak Japanese. I really want to understand why Japan’s quartz metal halide retrofit lamps and ceramic metal halide retrofit lamps are incompatible with CWA mercury vapor ballasts.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies