Author Topic: Towers in area?  (Read 1059 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Towers in area? « on: July 21, 2024, 01:52:02 PM » Author: Cole D.
Do you have a lot of towers in your area?

I live in a rural area, so there’s quite a few near my house. I think most of them are cell towers, one of them is a repeater tower for the local radio station.

I think there’s some sort of CB towers around too.

Some of the towers have red obstruction lights that fade on and off. Others have bright white lights that flash.

I also noticed a fire lookout tower that I didn’t know existed as I don’t go down that stretch of road often.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: Towers in area? « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2024, 03:15:24 PM » Author: LightsAreBright27
We have many old radio towers, some even made from brick! All part of the AIR (all India radio). About the red flashing lights, they are high wattage because ethey are meant to last longer while still staying bright. I have seen some bulbs, very huge!

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
One of the only Indian members here!
245v 50Hz

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Towers in area? « Reply #2 on: July 22, 2024, 07:30:30 AM » Author: rjluna2
We have old microwave tower outside Marietta, GA location:

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Towers in area? « Reply #3 on: August 02, 2024, 06:43:54 AM » Author: sol
We have lots of cell towers around here because suppliers don’t share their towers with competitors. We still get spotty service… Otherwise, there are FM towers too.

The ones with red obstruction lights used have the topmost light fade in and out but since they have been changed to LED it is a quick on and quick off. There is a particular one that I see from my house that has a daytime white strobe and a nighttime red flashing LED.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Towers in area? « Reply #4 on: August 02, 2024, 11:09:37 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Over here they luckily made the legislation so that operators have to rent their towers and with reasonable price if there is capacity available. The goal was exactly prevent every hill being full of towers and I think it dates back to 90's. The other weird local thing is that operators also tend to rent quipment space and power too so there is usually just one equipment shelter at the base of the mast where all operators have their own rack.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies