Author Topic: Smart Plug Fail  (Read 2296 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Smart Plug Fail « Reply #15 on: July 20, 2024, 10:37:15 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yup you can group them and you can also program one as the master unit and if you turn that one off, it turns all the other smart plugs off as well.

I have a wall switch connected to my louvered fixture and a few of the plugs for some of my other lights and one of traffic signals. I have a outdoor one in my backyard that controls my gumball and Holophane wallpack. The outdoor one supports two independent circuits.

They make two types of smart plug too, a standard 15A rated one and a lite 10A rated one. Depending on load, you might want to use the 15A one.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Smart Plug Fail « Reply #16 on: July 20, 2024, 10:43:26 PM » Author: suzukir122
100% would replace all my Geeni ones with the 15amp rated TP-Link smart plugs. But do they also work through Bluetooth? If not, I wouldn't be able to
use them in my garage, since my garage unfortunately does not have WIFI.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Smart Plug Fail « Reply #17 on: July 21, 2024, 12:03:54 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I still have the box for mine. It supports 15A and Bluetooth / wifi. I've atttached two pictures of the box
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Smart Plug Fail « Reply #18 on: July 21, 2024, 12:26:56 AM » Author: suzukir122
Ooooooo... space saver...  :wndr:... that already has my interest significantly right there, since the Geeni ones block the second outlets. If I could
somehow confirm that Defiant ones use relays, I might get those instead.
It's like a battle...
                                                                 Defiant  VS  TP-Link

Who will win? As of now, Defiant jumped into the arena with a right hook and upper cut. :lol:
All jokes aside though... I'm still not even sure whether the Geeni ones use the triac method or relay.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Smart Plug Fail « Reply #19 on: July 21, 2024, 12:47:17 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Here is some text on the backside of the device. It mentions something about containing a 10256A-LA02301 IC.

I did intentionally cover a QR code that is specific to my device with my thumb

I also recorded a YouTube short of a quick power on and off test. It does indeed click. Sadly I can't disassemble it to see for sure.

https://youtube.com/shorts/p9XpvnORMlc

I got both of mine at restore a while back. They had a whole bunch for 3 each. I regret not buying more, the next visit they were gone  :'-)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 01:09:22 AM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Smart Plug Fail « Reply #20 on: August 02, 2024, 06:51:06 AM » Author: Medved
It says "15A resistive", so it can have problems with inductive/capacitive loads, the limit would then be roughly 2A or so (my guesstimate...)

No more selfballasted c***

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Smart Plug Fail « Reply #21 on: August 02, 2024, 02:05:36 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I just use mine for a couple of electronics or a normal lamp etc.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Smart Plug Fail « Reply #22 on: August 18, 2024, 12:57:37 AM » Author: suzukir122
YOOOO... *ahem*,... yeah. Another Geeni smart plug fail. This time it was with one of my magnetic ballasted HPF R.S PL-L fluorescent desk lamps.
I'm about to go to bed, but before I could get to the point of drinking some ZZZ-Quil, my desk lamp downstairs, which had been shining the bottom
portion of my upstairs loft, shut off and then back on again immediately, in 20 second intervals. I could hear the clicking from the smart plug.
Unplugged it.
Bashed it on my kitchen counter in anger over and over again while screaming: "WHY... WON'T... YOU... WORK?!" Will throw in trash later.
Making plans on replacing all of my smart plugs soon.
One thing I do not tolerate is smart plugs shutting on and off during their EOL. I know the reality is that this could always be a possibility, regardless
of what company it's from. I'm not cool with this.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies