Author Topic: What are your interests besides lighting?  (Read 2006 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
What are your interests besides lighting? « on: July 07, 2024, 03:34:17 AM » Author: Silverliner
List em here

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What are your interests besides lighting? « Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 05:09:29 AM » Author: dor123
1. Air conditioning.
2. Electricity.
3. Office equipment and digital imaging
4. Slightly astronomy.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What are your interests besides lighting? « Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024, 05:14:44 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
  • Fans (particularly ceiling fans)
  • Appliances
  • Fire alarms/outdoor sirens
  • Lawn equipment

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

**If anyone wants to learn more about any company or product you've never heard of before, do please leave a comment saying so on one of my gallery pictures or by PM, and I'd be happy to give a thorough explanation.**

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What are your interests besides lighting? « Reply #3 on: July 07, 2024, 07:57:40 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
i) sirens (particularly air-raid)
ii) electric motors (includes fans)
iii) old tech
iv) collecting coins, stamps, banknotes, etc.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
One of the only Indian members here!
245v 50Hz

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: What are your interests besides lighting? « Reply #4 on: July 07, 2024, 10:33:41 AM » Author: rjluna2
Intel microprocessors and other collections.
IBM PC Computer and other collections.
Microsoft software and other software.
Car sighting ( www.imcdb.org )

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What are your interests besides lighting? « Reply #5 on: July 07, 2024, 03:52:05 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Roller coasters and Xbox! 👍🤪
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 03:57:51 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 56,654 hrs @ 14/9/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

rlshieldjr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What are your interests besides lighting? « Reply #6 on: July 07, 2024, 05:59:54 PM » Author: rlshieldjr
Power lines, power substations, generating stations.

Locks, lock sports lock picking.

Church and social events.

Trees and plants.

Odd building construction, art deco.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What are your interests besides lighting? « Reply #7 on: July 07, 2024, 07:51:52 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Old cars

Short track auto racing .

Old architecture ( Mainly 50's , also Art-Deco , Victorian and Gothic)

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Baked bagel 11

View Posts
View Gallery

Factory suspended Z8420

Sulo2fan
Re: What are your interests besides lighting? « Reply #8 on: July 08, 2024, 08:53:19 PM » Author: Baked bagel 11
General infrustructure (guard rails, power lines, feeder pillars, transformers, etc).
Refuse equipment.
Lighting columns.
Trucks and heavy machinery.
Public transport.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 05:59:02 AM by Baked bagel 11 » Logged

An Aussie collector of the street lights of the world.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: What are your interests besides lighting? « Reply #9 on: July 14, 2024, 10:18:49 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Oh boy...

I was that kid who would show up to the library counter with Black & Decker books, when it wasn't IT books, or Garfield comic books, or science books.  :lol:

I still have that broad curiosity and desire to figure stuff out, and also a creative energy that's almost as old as me, but in the last years it morphed into a desire not only to mix fields of interest together, but also to use all that knowledge for some more focused project.

Another thing I realized is that my interests and achievements hardly match. I've always been into sciences but dear Lord my brain just can't process math properly, I'm hopeless. On the other hand I never really cared much about languages, yet here I am writing a post about my interests, letting the ideas flow out effortlessly, in a language that's not my first language. The skill just... happened! It ain't perfect, but I never would've reached that level if I actually tried.

(The thing is, I probably just put in the hours without realizing it LOL)

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What are your interests besides lighting? « Reply #10 on: July 15, 2024, 02:05:18 PM » Author: suzukir122
1. Cars... both sport and muscle cars. My interest in them now is a lot higher than it use to be when I was a kid... although my interest in cars was still
very high back then as well. Pro, Super, or Turboed charged cars and trucks have always had my highest interest of them all.
2. Motorcycles... my original interest when it comes to vehicles. It's crazy how this works -- had it not been for motorcycles, I would NOT have encountered
this website back in 2010. The Super Sport Bikes typically have my highest interest, but it is not limited to that.
3. Sound editing... I've always had a thing for editing sound... including music... but I've never really found a strong method to implement my interest
regarding that.
4. Tornado sirens... regardless of the type of tornado siren, if those sirens are singing, I am interested. Especially if it's because of a life threatening
storm. Whelen Vortex 4004 and 3016's are my favorites, by far... Columbus Ohio seems to have tons of them and I'm actually jealous. :'-)
5. Severe/Supercell Thunderstorms... if there is a thunderstorm that has prompted a Thunderstorm Warning or Tornado Warning for the area, this will now have
my highest interest.
6. Tornadoes. Especially the F4 and F5 categories. I know they're deadly, but even through video... it's so fascinating to watch and hear them.
7. Comic books... and yes, that definitely includes Garfield, @Foxtronix. Major fan of Garfield. Even nowadays,... if I see a comic strip on a news paper,
if I've got the time, I'll read it. My favorite ones were Garfield, Zits, Calvin and Hobbes, Dilbert, Bone, and Pearls Before Swine.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: What are your interests besides lighting? « Reply #11 on: July 15, 2024, 04:06:37 PM » Author: rjluna2
@kuzukir122: Tornado sirens... Did you ever hear the rotating siren that comes and goes?

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

CoolBeans

View Posts
View Gallery

Say no to generic EXIT signs

UCgS0pNTqygf9BJruCGNd_yA
Re: What are your interests besides lighting? « Reply #12 on: July 17, 2024, 06:31:30 PM » Author: CoolBeans
current interest:
Natural aquariums. I wanted to get back into aquariums since 2020 but covid and school put a stop to that. I curently started on a tropical 5 gallon hex with a dirt bottom that has now become aerobic and the aquarium is stable and self sufficient with only distilled water top offs. Amasing what can grown with a 800LM 5000k LED lamp with the right substrate.

I just got into something that I was really into for the past 16 years and could not until recently and that is old cars. I really wanted an edsel for over a decade and a half but recently they have all gone out of my price range. I bought a 1959 Galaxie 500 and it is really stressing me out. 352 CID V8 with a police interceptor carburetor and 3-on-the-tree manual transmission.

Past interests:
refrigeration. I have ideas bouncing around in my head for a multi zone VFD driven compressor but I do not have the ambition nor interest in it anymore.

Small engines. I now live in a condo community and no need to repair and maintain lawn equipment. With the sensory issues I am dealing with for the past 3 years I am thankful to not have a yard to deal with, or sidewalks/driveways to shovel. I just sit inside in complete darkness.
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: What are your interests besides lighting? « Reply #13 on: July 17, 2024, 07:32:10 PM » Author: Molly
Photography. More specially I do birds and othet wildlife.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: What are your interests besides lighting? « Reply #14 on: July 17, 2024, 09:41:15 PM » Author: HIDLad001
- Electrical equipment as a whole (motors especially)
- Public transportation
- Professional computers (workstations and servers)
- Other information technology related stuff
- Old A/V equipment
- Fire alarms

Officially returned to Lighting-Gallery!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies