Author Topic: I found out why I get upset and feeling left out  (Read 712 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
I found out why I get upset and feeling left out « on: June 08, 2024, 10:45:31 PM » Author: Silverliner
Hello all!

In the past, I would get worked up when I don’t get comments or just the general sense that I was left out. Long story short, but for a long time I thought I was an introvert. I grew up with a highly introverted mom and no siblings. I have a dad and a half sister, but never lived with them. My sister and I eventually became close fortunately. Recently I found that I am actually an extrovert held back by anxiety and low self esteem. Going out to as many social events as I can in the last month, plus volunteering with people at a strawberry festival, and analyzing my past experiences over the years confirmed my true identity. Always felt warm and fuzzy meeting people and hearing their storied and sharing vice versa. Feeling empty and lonely after leaving, especially if not staying long enough.

So me being alone a lot was painful and depressing, even feeling dead inside. It’s one of the reasons I got into bulbs, because lighting is among the things that fascinated me all my life. I bought a lot of bulbs and fixtures to cope. Will always enjoy this hobby I think it’s fun and way better than some other hobbies out there like being involved in drama or the hookup culture you know what I mean? As a Generation X adult in my 40s it is a lot harder to pick up social skills because I’m no longer in school where I’d practice with other kids everyday getting out there (but I did have a few friends thankfully). I work full time paying my bills, but fortunately I can go to social events a few times a month plus talk with my co workers when possible and taking baby steps to get up there. It’s possible! I hope I can inspire others who read this that there is always a chance, it’s never too late!

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I found out why I get upset and feeling left out « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2024, 11:02:17 PM » Author: sol
I'm glad you're starting to sort it out ! Congratulations !
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I found out why I get upset and feeling left out « Reply #2 on: June 09, 2024, 03:26:33 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
That's great to hear man. Keep it up.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: I found out why I get upset and feeling left out « Reply #3 on: June 09, 2024, 10:03:40 AM » Author: rjluna2
I'm glad that you took yourself time to sort out of your own issues, Dave :)

Yes, I had my own growing pain during my life.  Now that I have mellowed out my life and learned to let things go and let it happens.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies