Author Topic: Tiktok view count  (Read 605 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Tiktok view count « on: June 08, 2024, 10:08:55 PM » Author: suzukir122
I'm confused about Tiktok's view count, and whether it's real or not. I'm willing to bet it's not.
I have zero followers on this Tiktok account that I just made earlier today, a few hours ago. No followers, no friends. I posted
a video of me in the bathroom mirror showing my motovlog set up for the day... and in less than two hours, that video supposedly
got over 500 views. I posted a short motovlog a few minutes ago... that video already has almost 200 views.
I don't get it... not sure how it works, but could those views be bots of some sort? I have no audience.
Also, for what it's worth... I have no interest in Tiktok, whatsoever... especially their suggested/trendy videos... but I'm using Tiktok
as an effort to gain additional friends.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tiktok view count « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 01:37:57 AM » Author: Medved
Some could be bots, but many will be the server faking the number.

The thing is, the logistics behind these servers does not allow to display the true correct number of views, it can do so only with quite a significant time delay (it takes time for the activity information to get collected and distributed back to the servers). So most such services use AI estimators to generate the number (the views, likes, dislikes, clicks,...) and only correct it backwards when the data becomes available.
Mainly when you are new there, or the post is way different to others posted previously (in terms how much and which activity it will get), the estimation becomes way off.
So far this inaccuracy would be just something to forgive.

But many (I would even dare to say most) sites heavily abuse this excuse and intentionally bias the "estimates" in order to best suit their agenda (aka getting clicks to manipulate creators/users to post more and so get more ad money).

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies