Author Topic: Book on Sylvania Drummondville plant  (Read 695 times)
jallister19

View Posts
View Gallery

UCrH-lm_g98s0k9plTkBBk7Q
Book on Sylvania Drummondville plant « on: March 12, 2024, 11:25:28 AM » Author: jallister19
Hello everyone!

After 7 years of hard working, It is with pleasure that I confirm the end of writing of a book on Sylvania Drummondville plant, and publication in fall 2024, in time for the 75th anniversary of the foundation of Sylvania Canada. A book of approximately 150 pages containing more than 200 photographs from the factory and products on all the 70 years of operation. Naturally, as the plant was in Quebec, the book will be in french.  At the moment there are no plans to translate it into English, but depending on demand this will be re-evaluated. If you are interested in, just write me directly, i will keep your interest and communicate with you later when the book will be released.
Rommie
Re: Book on Sylvania Drummondville plant « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 02:08:29 PM » Author: Rommie
I'd certainly be interested, but as my French is virtually non-existent, it would have to be an English translation  ;D
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Book on Sylvania Drummondville plant « Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 05:01:44 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I'd be happy to have one. I'll just use Google translate on it. Or learn French. Lol. Maybe the book would be a motivator.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Filament LEDs. Both a blessing and a curse.

Re: Book on Sylvania Drummondville plant « Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 07:55:33 AM » Author: Maxim
I too would be interested.   ;D

Though, I think I'd need an English translation, lol.

The Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease, it's here. All ye, proceed with caution.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Book on Sylvania Drummondville plant « Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 03:54:30 PM » Author: sol
I might be interested. French is my native language, so all is good ! 8)
James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Book on Sylvania Drummondville plant « Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 07:48:26 PM » Author: James
Brilliant news, that will be a fascinating read in view of the tremendous variety of products you produced at Drummondville!  My French is also not brilliant, but I am sure it will be richly illustrated.  Thanks to modern translation tools it should be possible to understand enough.

Please put me down to buy two copies if possible. One for myself, and another for the Sylvania Lighting Library at Tienen factory in Belgium.  We already have some other older Sylvania books, but yours will be the first I am aware of that is dedicated to one country/factory.

Rommie
Re: Book on Sylvania Drummondville plant « Reply #6 on: March 24, 2024, 07:50:11 PM » Author: Rommie
Hmmm, is this going to be an online publication, then..? I prefer printed books, and using translators on those isn't easy  :mrg:
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies