Author Topic: HPS light troubleshooting  (Read 589 times)
Raymondo

View Posts
View Gallery

HPS light troubleshooting « on: October 12, 2023, 10:49:55 PM » Author: Raymondo
My 150W High pressure sodium bulb no longer ignites (it worked earlier today) and when I turn on the light there’s a faint blue glow around the arc tube supports. I’m wondering what the problem is and if this can be fixed. Video attached https://youtube.com/shorts/wYA0urC1hZI?si=fsD_N4nhURTypOKU
Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting is the best!!!

jjjo___06 200713249@N04/albums
Re: HPS light troubleshooting « Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 11:38:24 AM » Author: Robotjulep
I think the arc tube leaked. This happened to my GE 400w Lucalox High Pressure Sodium bulb. I think the reason why the arc tube leaks even though the bulb didn't exceed rated life is either a manufacturing defect or the arc tube was subject to shock or it wasn't sealed properly. The solution to this is to get a new bulb. Usually when HPS lamps go EOL after thousands of hours, the whole bulb becomes frosted metallic color and the sodium coats the outer envelope.

I collect:
Light bulbs, fixtures, and gear,
Electric motors (Preferably AC induction motors),
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies