Author Topic: Streetlight display stands  (Read 893 times)
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Streetlight display stands « on: September 05, 2022, 03:13:57 PM » Author: HIDLad001
Does anybody know where I can get cheap brackets to hold up the streetlights themselves? I have all the necessary equipment for woodworking. I just need the brackets.

Officially returned to Lighting-Gallery!!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

GE HM1000's

Re: Streetlight display stands « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 03:39:38 PM » Author: Burrito
You can use old fan stands, but most of the steel or aluminum arms (direct pole or wood pole mount or wraparound mount or wall mount), are upwards of $100.00 or more. If you want to pay extra to get something awesome quality,  try and see if you can get an arm from Utility Metals.

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex

Re: Streetlight display stands « Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 02:15:22 PM » Author: HIDLad001
I am planning on getting a Spaulding Palomar 90w SOX streetlight for my birthday, and those probably weigh about 70LBS. I don't think a fan stand will be able to take that, and it will be burning the bulb base down because the socket is on the house side.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

GE HM1000's

Re: Streetlight display stands « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 02:18:59 PM » Author: Burrito
Hmm, If it's 70 lbs, then i don't think getting a stand would be worth it because it could be top heavy. But you could also remove the ballast and place it in a remote location or something (that might be dangerous, idk).

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex

Re: Streetlight display stands « Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 06:14:40 PM » Author: HIDLad001
I am not sure how much it weighs, That was just a guesstimate.

Mandolin Girl
Re: Streetlight display stands « Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 08:14:47 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
One thing that you have to keep in mind is the centre of gravity.  :wndr:

It won't matter how strong the arm is, if the base isn't sufficiently under the CoG, it will still fall over.  :curse:

Reason for edit: Typo...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 10:16:25 AM by Mandolin Girl » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies