Author Topic: "Web Finds" Section  (Read 1410 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

"Web Finds" Section « on: August 29, 2022, 07:54:55 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Hi Everyone ! 

I noticed lately that the "Web Finds" section is getting a bit crowded and full lately . If you've listed anything in there it might be a good idea to take a couple of minutes to look at all of you contributions and either update or remove any dead listings . I just took about 10-15 minutes and went through all of mine and removed close to 2 pages of dead listings !!  :poof: 

This shouldn't have to be done by the Admins !!! They have enough responsibilities keeping LG running !

If you have any listings in there , PLEASE take some time and review them !

Thanks for your time !! Wide-Lite 1000

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "Web Finds" Section « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 08:00:26 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I've been doing it. Even though I haven't posted anything in this section in quite some time, I still check whatever I posted to see if they're still up. If there's info or I'm unsure about something on it, it's listed. I also ensure every listing has up to date info if possible as well.
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: "Web Finds" Section « Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 03:27:39 AM » Author: 108CAM
I think a similar thing should be done with the wanted section after the item we want has been found. This would help reduce the amount of topics that get buried by redundant topics that are left when the person who started it finds what they are after but doesn't bother to remove the topic. 

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 18
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 15
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: "Web Finds" Section « Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 03:43:14 AM » Author: Econolite03
I think I’m good, almost all the stuff I’ve posted in web finds have either not sold or partially sold (such as multiple items). I only had one dead thread and that was those Unalux Clearbanders.

Find Lighting + More | Visit my Gallery

Rommie
Re: "Web Finds" Section « Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 09:36:56 AM » Author: Rommie
That's a very good call Cam, that section does get overlooked for maintaining.  :wndr:

The same goes for the sale or trade board.

So please take some time and clear out what us no longer relevant.  :-*

If a post you've made has multiple items, edit it to remove the expired links.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 09:38:57 AM by Mandolin Girl » Logged
Rommie
Re: "Web Finds" Section « Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 09:52:54 AM » Author: Rommie
Thanks everyone, I've posted a reminder in Web Finds asking people to do this. Also the For Sale/Trade and Wanted boards, if you've sold something or got what you wanted.

Let's clear out the dross, folks  :love:
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: "Web Finds" Section « Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 10:53:25 AM » Author: HPS_250
I have a couple topics with a lot of replies, otherwise I’ll delete the rest when I get home later. I never realized how much was piling up on the web finds board, good to start cleaning it out!

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Rommie
Re: "Web Finds" Section « Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 12:00:48 PM » Author: Rommie
If they've got a good conversation going, move them to the appropriate category. Or one of us can do it, let us know.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: "Web Finds" Section « Reply #8 on: August 30, 2022, 05:21:09 PM » Author: joseph_125
I cleaned most of my older ones off, ones that were ended with no, one, or two replies I deleted, ones with a thread of replies I moved and ones that were still active I kept.

For multi listing threads I sometimes use the strikethrough tags which crosses out the dead listing but leaves the text available to read.

Also when moving topics, there's the option to not post a redirection topic on the original board.

I wonder if the webfinds board should have a automated script that removes topics after a year of inactivity. Those who which to keep their threads can either bump it or move it to a discussion board.
Rommie
Re: "Web Finds" Section « Reply #9 on: August 30, 2022, 05:33:42 PM » Author: Rommie
We've discussed the possibility of auto-removal before, but not sure if it's possible, I'll raise it with Patrick again.

The strikethrough tags are a good idea, I'll have to remember that..!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 05:36:51 PM by Rommie » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies