Author Topic: What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse?  (Read 1404 times)
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse? « on: July 21, 2022, 08:03:27 PM » Author: Molly
Westinghouse OV-25. Doesn't change my mind. :mvcobra:

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

GE HM1000's

Re: What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse? « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 08:36:55 PM » Author: Burrito
OV-35 and the HMA-60 and the OV-50

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse? « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 08:45:14 PM » Author: Molly
I love the OV-50 too. Especially, the 1st gen.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

GE HM1000's

Re: What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse? « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 08:45:50 PM » Author: Burrito
I like all generations of the OV-50 even the OVL

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse? « Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 09:02:08 AM » Author: Molly
To me, the OVL is meh. Cooper modified it pretty badly.

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse? « Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 08:06:55 PM » Author: 108CAM
Definitely the OV25 Silverliner as it was the first cobrahead style light ever made.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 18
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 15
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse? « Reply #6 on: July 22, 2022, 08:16:09 PM » Author: Silverliner
OV14B.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse? « Reply #7 on: July 22, 2022, 08:21:04 PM » Author: Molly
Love those as well.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse? « Reply #8 on: July 22, 2022, 08:25:10 PM » Author: funkybulb
For me it would be the Finned OV-50

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse? « Reply #9 on: July 22, 2022, 08:32:26 PM » Author: Molly
I love the finned OV-50

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse? « Reply #10 on: July 22, 2022, 08:49:14 PM » Author: Molly
Definitely the OV25 Silverliner as it was the first cobrahead style light ever made.

Yep!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse? « Reply #11 on: August 25, 2022, 07:47:39 PM » Author: 108CAM
The OV15 comes in at a close second. I recently found out that they had some use on public roads in a few places down in Australia. Most are long gone but a few remain. I was told that some are still MV.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 18
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 15
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse? « Reply #12 on: August 27, 2022, 04:22:48 PM » Author: HIDLad001
OV-25 Silver liner and OV-25 4th gen

Officially returned to Lighting-Gallery!!

rlshieldjr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's your favorite cobrahead fixture from Westinghouse? « Reply #13 on: September 04, 2022, 10:24:40 AM » Author: rlshieldjr
OV20
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies