Author Topic: Unexpected discountinue of Osram PLANON flat fluorescet lamps  (Read 3617 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Unexpected discountinue of Osram PLANON flat fluorescet lamps « on: January 05, 2010, 02:56:49 PM » Author: dor123
I saw recently in the Osram website that Osram unexpectedly discountinued the xenon flat square fluorescent lamp PLANON in 1998 while james hooker website indicate that they started to manufacture it in 2002. It is true? Way that Osram would abandon this revolutionary technology that is the first flat, thin, mercury free, xenon based fluorescent lamp and the first lamp using dielectric barrier discharge technology?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Unexpected discountinue of Osram PLANON flat fluorescet lamps « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 07:42:03 PM » Author: Medved
I guess because of efficacy and lumen maintenance. And limited use, surpassed by LED development - LED's offer more image resolution...

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Unexpected discountinue of Osram PLANON flat fluorescet lamps « Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 04:31:23 AM » Author: dor123
I think the PLANON was actually invented in 1998 and discontinued recently. I have read this in the history of Osram Disply/Optic. Here is the link: www.osram.com/osram_com/Professionals/DisplayOptic_Lighting/DisplayOptic_History/index.html . under the invention of PLANON in 1998 they writted that the product discontinued. also the use of xenon instead of mercury slow the degeneration of the phosphor because there is no mercury absorbed. and the electrodes in this lamp is preservesd because it is not in contact to the discharges therefore improves the lumen maintenance.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:11:21 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies