Author Topic: Longer Warm up in WHITE SON  (Read 1886 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Longer Warm up in WHITE SON « on: January 02, 2010, 03:23:18 AM » Author: dor123
Why WHITE SON take a longer time to run up to full brightness the standard high pressure sodium lamp? Overdriven HPS take a several seconds to warm up and reach the same pressure, temperature and color. and the WHITE SON have also higher loading and operating temperature so why this is?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Longer Warm up in WHITE SON « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 04:02:09 AM » Author: Medved
It has larger arctube to accommodate the increased temperature and pressure within safe limits for the material and to keep the pressure stable (not much dependent on external environment) during operation (unlike overdriven HPS).
The overdriven HPS would fail much sooner and likely start to cycle even earlier.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies