Author Topic: Super Metal Halide?  (Read 950 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Super Metal Halide? « on: February 24, 2022, 07:15:35 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I've seen this term used in various luminaire catalogs. What is a super metal halide lamp? Does it mean that the luminaire is equipped with a special socket for /HOR MH lamps? I've seen MH grow lamps labeled as "super metal halide," but surely they're not used in outdoor luminaires.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 07:19:28 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

**If anyone wants to learn more about any company or product you've never heard of before, do please leave a comment saying so on one of my gallery pictures or by PM, and I'd be happy to give a thorough explanation.**

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Super Metal Halide? « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 07:43:50 PM » Author: joseph_125
Another similar thing in luminaire catalogues are the Super-CWA ballasts for metal halide. My assumption was that they were pulse start CWA ballasts but does anything know exactly why they used that moniker for them?
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Super Metal Halide? « Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 08:01:42 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I don't think so, as this Spaulding Lighting catalog shows MH, PSMH, and "SMH" as options for various luminaires.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

**If anyone wants to learn more about any company or product you've never heard of before, do please leave a comment saying so on one of my gallery pictures or by PM, and I'd be happy to give a thorough explanation.**

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Super Metal Halide? « Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 05:36:31 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
The only thing I can think is maybe they're referring to high output metal halide lamps . Sylvania's std. metal halides are Metalarc while the high output ones are Super Metalarc .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Super Metal Halide? « Reply #4 on: February 26, 2022, 02:41:35 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I think that fixtures that use so-called "Super metal halide" lamps use position oriented E39 lampholders to accommodate North American horizontal burning probe start metal halide lamps that use position oriented E39 bases.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Super Metal Halide? « Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 02:55:25 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
SEE page 8 of this catalog : https://www.scribd.com/document/115150514/Moldcast-Lighting-Contra-Cline-Large-and-Intermediate-Technical-Manual-1982  Read the Photometric data  for the large Contra/Cline Fixture . It says "1000w Super Metal Halide , clear , 125,000 lumens " Those are the specs for a high output MH lamp .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies