Author Topic: Trying Amber Landscape Lighting  (Read 1041 times)
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Trying Amber Landscape Lighting « on: February 18, 2022, 02:10:52 AM » Author: Econolite03
Over a year ago, I installed a system of 10 3-tier pagoda style landscape lights around the perimeter of my backyard. The fixtures came with 4W 3000K (20W equivalent) LEDs standard, however I believe they’re too bright and don’t really give the effect I was looking for, which was to be dim and subtle.

Recently, I have discovered amber LED lamps for pagoda lights made by Volt Lighting. They had two options:
  • Ultra Warm White (2200K)
  • Turtle Safe Amber (589nm-ish, it looks like SOX.)

Personally, I like the aesthetic of HPS / LPS lamps and figured… why not? So I purchased one of the Turtle Safe lamps from Volt’s website to try out and see how it performs. Unfortunately there is really no product photos of the lamp in a actual setting nor any reviews, so I’ll be the first to share how these look in my particular application

The lamp should arrive next week.

Find Lighting + More | Visit my Gallery

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Trying Amber Landscape Lighting « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 02:28:23 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
100% Agree. I hope it works well.  :sox35: :sox35:
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Trying Amber Landscape Lighting « Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 06:32:19 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Cool, hope things go well!
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Trying Amber Landscape Lighting « Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 12:28:29 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I have some landscape lights - the old incandescent type. A number of years ago there were a couple that I put yellow (incandescent) bulbs in. Looked pretty cool & SOX-ish :)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Trying Amber Landscape Lighting « Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 10:22:04 AM » Author: Econolite03
(Update: 2/28/22)

Alright, I’m a little late on the forum but the turtle safe lamp has been posted in my gallery. It has a interesting effect and I have more lamps on the way soon. I also made a comment about the 2200K lamp and the results of the test on the post in my gallery.

Find Lighting + More | Visit my Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies