Author Topic: Some of mine lighting stuff  (Read 3858 times)
mima

View Posts
View Gallery

Some of mine lighting stuff « on: July 20, 2009, 02:58:21 PM » Author: mima
My HID fixtures starting up all at the same time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bo3NF8YfSA

Leaked HPS lamp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MkPv_3VaLM

Full stories on the video descriptions ;-)

Gimme a discharge lamp and a humming ballast ;D

magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Some of mine lighting stuff « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 04:36:13 PM » Author: magslight
Not bad , 350 lamps. :o How many streetlights you have?
mima

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Some of mine lighting stuff « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 04:49:36 PM » Author: mima
Hi, what you see in the video are all the fixtures I have. I also have 2 uncomplete fixtures for spare parts, but I don't count them. About 2 hours ago I built another fixture, being the most compact HID light I ever built. It runs a 50W mercury lamp, driven by a 40W fluorescent ballast, like the other 50W MV fixture you see in the video. The new lamp I built it's even smaller of the one in the video, I fitted both the ballast and capacitor in another ceiling incandescent fixutre I had laying around... It was tricky but worked :-) Soon I'll post detailed photos of all my custom built fixtures with their description

magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Some of mine lighting stuff « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 05:05:27 PM » Author: magslight
I´m eagerly anticipate seeing your items  8)
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Some of mine lighting stuff « Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 07:06:40 PM » Author: lightman64
Nice video man! I like all the sounds they make at startup.   ;D

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

mima

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Some of mine lighting stuff « Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 02:11:31 AM » Author: mima
I´m eagerly anticipate seeing your items  8)

Stay tuned, soon will follow the images :)

mima

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Some of mine lighting stuff « Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 02:14:11 AM » Author: mima
Nice video man! I like all the sounds they make at startup.   ;D

Well electronic ballasts are more efficient than electromagnetic ones... But I miss the pleasant humming sound only the electromagnetic does ;D

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Some of mine lighting stuff « Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 03:06:58 AM » Author: lite_lover
Great vid! That's cool to see all of the different HID lamps starting at the same time.

The brighter the better.

mima

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Some of mine lighting stuff « Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 06:00:34 AM » Author: mima
Great vid! That's cool to see all of the different HID lamps starting at the same time.

Thanks  :D

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies