Author Topic: what type of lamps are the green??  (Read 2494 times)
micole66

View Posts
View Gallery

what type of lamps are the green?? « on: February 08, 2021, 02:47:26 AM » Author: micole66
What type of lamp??
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: what type of lamps are the green?? « Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 02:53:41 AM » Author: dor123
Looks like mercury lamps.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what type of lamps are the green?? « Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 04:55:21 AM » Author: Medved
Or more likely EOL MH, as they are distinctively darker than the rest...

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what type of lamps are the green?? « Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 05:33:09 AM » Author: dor123
Not all MH lamps gets greenish at EOL

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: what type of lamps are the green?? « Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 10:58:27 AM » Author: Binarix128
Mercury vapor is more blue than that, they seem to be EOL MHs.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: what type of lamps are the green?? « Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 11:05:32 AM » Author: Bulbman256

Phosphor coated lamps, especially /c lamps, will green out over there time in service. :mvc:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what type of lamps are the green?? « Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 11:18:25 AM » Author: dor123
Most digital cameras, sees MV as green.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: what type of lamps are the green?? « Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 06:20:28 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Back in the day when /C lamps were commonplace for street lighting in the city I grew up in, it took only three to four years for them to turn greenish and dim very noticably (compared to a new lamp). They were sort of a soda-bottle, limey green. Really pretty cool! You could look at the lamp without squinting because the lamps were so dim. Some clear lamps turned yellow-green, especially those with blackened arc tubes, depending on the manufacturer. The further you are away from the MV light source, the more noticable the "color" is.

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what type of lamps are the green?? « Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 03:13:55 AM » Author: Medved
Back in the day when /C lamps were commonplace for street lighting in the city I grew up in, it took only three to four years for them to turn greenish and dim very noticably (compared to a new lamp).

Well 3 years was their useful service lifetime, when they were supposed to be replaced...

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: what type of lamps are the green?? « Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 12:29:40 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Most utilities around here simply let their MV lamps go until EOL. Thus, I have many fine memories of seeing strings of MV street lights at varying degrees of color, age and light output while going down lots of streets while growing up. I can only think of two instances whereby older dimmed lamps were replaced (they were in small groups) on account of their reduced light output. These were on busy roads and very probably at the suggestion of the public. :mv:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what type of lamps are the green?? « Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 04:29:24 PM » Author: Medved
Most utilities around here simply let their MV lamps go until EOL. Thus, I have many fine memories of seeing strings of MV street lights at varying degrees of color, age and light output while going down lots of streets while growing up. I can only think of two instances whereby older dimmed lamps were replaced (they were in small groups) on account of their reduced light output. These were on busy roads and very probably at the suggestion of the public. :mv:

Leaving them till they go green does not mean till EOL, but way past EOL. It is this neglect of maintenance, which earned the perception of MV as extremelly poor efficacy...

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what type of lamps are the green?? « Reply #11 on: February 12, 2021, 06:29:22 PM » Author: Ash
Most of the past EOL mercs i seen (many of them, left in till they fail to start and then some more), keep burning in what looks like not far off ordinary Mercury lamp color. I haven't seen many that shifted colors dramatically to really "green"....
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what type of lamps are the green?? « Reply #12 on: February 13, 2021, 03:28:02 AM » Author: Medved
Most of the past EOL mercs i seen (many of them, left in till they fail to start and then some more), keep burning in what looks like not far off ordinary Mercury lamp color. I haven't seen many that shifted colors dramatically to really "green"....

It goes gradually, so when going regularly around, you will miss it. To the naked eye the difference is not that large in color, it is maimly in the light output. Onle when the degradation goes really far (5..10x the rated life, so about 15..30 years) it turns visible green.

On an inductor ballast (common in 230V area) they often start to cycle (when one cathode starts loosing emission reserve), but th US CWA holds them way longer even in this state, so till way further degradation, without triggering their replacement by the cycling behavior.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies